really need replacement fairings now

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Re: really need replacement fairings now

Post by woozy-uk »

as i say, very small yacht, fine for weeks, weekends away though,

this one is actually mine. still small but theres smaller yachts available like the leisure 17. its on drydock at the moment as you see=

its called a john sadler seawych. Has 4 berth cabin, with gas cooker, sea toilet, digital TV, stereo, Sink and VHF

random seawych pics from the web-

I got my boat for £1800 a year ago, which also included new sails, 6hp outboard and a tender.

--

i also own a small helicopter-

:P
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Woozy
Good to see another yachtie. I live in the best sailing area of Australia and have a Nauticat 33 for cruising, but race on my friends Jeanneau 39i.

Puffin by TazPCX, on Flickr

June2011Bberrry 020 by TazPCX, on Flickr
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Nice boats guys! I don't think that top picture qualifies as a yacht though...
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Woozy,
Get your panels sorted and then buy some quality clear vinyl(Thick stuff) put it over the plastics carefully, follow the instructions that come with it to the letter and you'll be hard pushed to see it once it's on. That way when you have a "scuff" or other incident you can just peel the vinyl off and put some more on.
Now the slightly bad bit.
I sort of agree with gn on your riding o_O - I know London is a bit of a mosh pit to ride in (you should have bought a little crappy bike to start with just to get your riding and experience sorted.)
Filtering between cars is legal but it is a bit daft when you don't have the space to get through without smacking street furniture. :roll:
You NEED slow down ;) , concentrate and become more spacially aware, I have watched the videos you post on here and at times you are taking stupid risks. It just take one "Charlie" in a white van to not check his mirrors and flatten you.
REMEMBER! - it's better to be slightly late to work, than Early to the afterlife.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

Or you could do the carbon vinyl wrap thing, for 10% extra horsepowers!
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

very nice Taz, wish i could afford a larger yacht
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I have a 15' trihull speedboat, anyone want to buy it? :lol:

They say the happiest days of a boat owner's life are when they buy it and when they sell it. From my experience with my boat, they are.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

For the seasick, standing naked in an ice cold shower pushing five pound notes down the plug hole as fast as you can comes close to the experience of sailing on the sea in Scotland.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

gn2 wrote:For the seasick, standing naked in an ice cold shower pushing five pound notes down the plug hole as fast as you can comes close to the experience of sailing on the sea in Scotland.
I heard similar but they said £20 notes.

A friend of a friend went water skiing off the coast north of Newcastle (Whitley Bay), despite having a thick wet suit on he said it was so cold he "..had a pussy for a week"
freewillie987

Post by freewillie987 »

woozy-uk wrote:scuffed the right front fairing more as the traffic was gridlocked and trying to push past i scuffed into a traffic light island on the way home tonight :evil: :cry: :roll: more gutted now

why do the panels have to cost so much, they are so fragile too. Anyone know of a place i can buy the whole panels and pay for them over 3 months ?

thanks
Woozy, I found a place in France where you can buy panels. look at http://www.scootmotoshop.com

Greetz, freewillie.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

thats still too much money - £333

also when i did a search for pcx 125, the site gave an error. not a decent site imho
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Hey woozy, I did a basic search on google for "uk honda scooter dealers." One of the top results was a link for http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/. From here I found the parts link and then you can select your model. Found the PCX, then found some panels. Not sure if you've said exactly what you need, but a right side cover costs £49.62. http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/pro ... 17606.aspx Plus, there's free deliveries for orders over £20. If this dealer isn't right, find one that is near you. There should be no problem for a Honda dealer to get you the parts you need at a decent price. I'm not sure how VAT works and that may add more to your price, but hope this helps you out. And stop scraping your PCX! Lol.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Honda UK have some of the panels on back order. They were able to get the front left fairing for me but the long side/rear panel on the left has been on back order almost 3 months.
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Man you guys must crash your PCX's a lot for all the panels to be on backorder for months! ;)
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

I don't understand why the panels are so expensive for you woozy. Here in the us I can buy the same panel for $18 msrp. The dealer I was looking at was actually selling them for $13. Huge price difference compared to the uk!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

ese12105 wrote:Man you guys must crash your PCX's a lot for all the panels to be on backorder for months! ;)
Some not all
davidp

Post by davidp »

Had a touch with a high curb too ... from You Tube demos on doing up fairings seems that you could consider a respray from a paint shop.