New PCX150 guy here with the fast Red one

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeeGusKahn
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

New PCX150 guy here with the fast Red one

Post by GeeGusKahn »

It's all your fault. :D
Meet maddiedog on a scooter ride a year or two ago (loose track of time) up at Riders Hill in North GA.
Was interested in the PCX.
So I started reading the forums both here and on ADV rider.
Also see some familiar names from BurgmanUSA.
So did lots and lots of research.
About a month ago I had it down to three,
Like200i, a 163cc air cooled FI kind of retro:
People GT200i, a 205cc FI liquid cooled with 16inch wheels
and the PCX150 150cc FI liquad cooled with 14inch wheels.
Hard choice because the GT200i was on sale for 4200 OTD, and the Like was 3200.
But then, just in the nick of time the PCX was put on sale for 2999.
The hard choice was between the GT200i and the PCX150.
I decided that Honda has done some interest engine design changes with how they put the radiator back with the engine and some other interesting stuff. I also like the size and ergonomics of the handle bars and seating position on the PCX better than the GT200i.
So I stopped at the dealer in Toccoa yesterday and there sat a shinny red PCX150 and it was under 4000 OTD.
So I got it.
Yesterday it was in the low 60s here. Rode it home the back way along the river and lake. Nice curvy road.
Today it's 29 out with snow and ice. So glad I don't live in or around Atlanta any more. Looks like an ice and snow demolition derby on the interstates there today.
Mel and Maddie, hope you are not caught up in the traffic mess.
So the sun will shine and the temperature will rise by Friday and I will ride again.
Sean, who loves Hi-Vis everything.
2013 Red PCX150 - NCY V and DF, 11 g rollers, stock OEM belt.
2006 Wht. Burgman 650, 30,000+ miles, running like a champ..
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: New PCX150 guy here with the fast Red one

Post by Ratster »

Congratulations on your new toy and welcome to the forum!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, welcome! We keep hoping that Spring will come early this year, but so far all we can do is go to our basement and sit on our scooters. Bummer! :-\
The snow today was a real eye opener. It took us 1 1/2 hours to go 3 miles in this snow. We have some friends who have yet to get home, and they left work at 2 pm. It is now 8 pm. Hope they get home tonight. Today it wasn't bad drivers that were the worry, though they were out there, especially those in the expensive cars who thought they deserved to be in front of everyone else and wouldn't stay in line. No, the problem today was ice. Snow is bad enough, but when the roads started to freeze under the snow, everything shut down.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

My g/f son in law is a Cobb County K9 officer attached to the Drug Task Force. He got called in today to work traffic accidents. I haven't talked to him,but I don't think he was very happy :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well yesterday and today are disasters! We live in Cobb County, Georgia. The ice on the roads has completely closed most of the interstate system. One of our friends left work yesterday at 1 PM. She works downtown. That is 20 to 25 miles. She got home this morning at 4:30 !! There are still kids stuck in the public schools! You should see the pictures on TV. Semi trucks crowd all of the freeways, and none are moving. Yep, 2 inches of snow turned into 2 inches of ice after traffic came to a stop due to jackknifed trailers all over the place. Welcome to the South.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Ooof! :(

Hope it improves for you guys soon.

Just wet, grey and drizzly here (in South Central French mountains.)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

We'll we'd expect that type of weather here in Missouri. All I can say is pray for a heat wave!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard, good choice & congrats! I :? suppose your Red is faster than my White, but only because I have a Stock 125 :lol:
As far as the weather goes, I'm so over the bitter cold, ice and snow, (gritting teeth) we won't see spring for awhile. So cheer up fellow PCX'er, soon you will rise out of hibernation (right? :roll:) Say,....did you name your FAST Red one?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org

Ya, I feel for all of you suffering in the winter. Last Friday was the coldest day in 30 years in Bangkok where it dropped to a "frigid" 15.6°C or 60.0°F ... sorry, but I couldn't resist. I'm loving "winter" here in Bangkok ... except for the mass anti-government protests that have been going on for the last few weeks.

Take care and stay warm friends!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

I've been in N.Y and L.A during their coldest season, coming from the tropical country like Indonesia there's nothing keep us from riding around with our PCX except the heavy rain and flood.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Congrats on your new ride. I too have an awesome red PCX.

There is no way I would try to ride my scooter this winter. We've had 4 days where it was -13 to -18 below with wind chill about -40 below. On top of that we've already had over 50" of snow with another 8"-12" arriving this weekend. They said tonight on the news that we've had more snow this year already then the past 2 years combined. My husband was able to ride his motorcycle for about an hour the week between Christmas and New Year but since then he hasn't been able to. My little pony has been parked in a nice heated stale at a dealership since November.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'm currently recovering from a case of bronchitis from riding too much in the cold. I told myself I would be fine in my arctic carhart gear. I was warm but the air I was breathing wasn't. Lol
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I was just thinking about that 50 inches of snow mentioned above. I left Nebraska many many years ago because of that same situation, and I haven't been back since. When people joke about old timers walking a mile to school in deep snow, that was me. We use to have to climb out of the 2nd story window to get outside, so we could shovel snow. The front door was somewhere under all of that snow! Yes, I remember it well, and don't want to ever go back!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I'm currently recovering from a case of bronchitis from riding too much in the cold. I told myself I would be fine in my arctic carhart gear. I was warm but the air I was breathing wasn't. Lol
Ya just Can't fool Mother Nature, can ya? :( Sorry to read about your bronchitis. I had an awful bout of it last year at this time and I'm hearing that it's making the rounds again in our area. Awful. I spend quite a bit of time at my Mom's nursing home, and the old timer's are coughing throughout the building. Yep, not only do we get snow/ice this time of year, we get sick too.
Now tell me....."How do you spell Relief?" :roll:
Stay warm and rested everyone. Feel & get better soon Mgalutia
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel, it's a wonder you're still here to tell the story o_O That's a lot of white stuff to deal with! I agree you made your best move......by Moving! "Enough is Enough!" ;)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Hi Sean, welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing you again on another ride, I'm sure our paths will cross again soon. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes