Seat for PCX

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

AvR

Seat for PCX

Post by AvR »

I am looking for a seat that does not have the bulge in its middle placed exactly where I would sit. The bulge is removable but it leaves an ugly hole in the seat cover. Is there a source for such a replacement seat? Somebody had posted his seat custom-made in Thailand but I wonder whether there is such a seat available that fits the PCX.
Life long motorcycle driver:55Zündapp Moped 1955-60; 56Norton ES2 500 single, 1960;58Norton Dominator 88 500 twin w/Monaco Sidecar, 1960-63; 73Honda CB350, 1973; 74BMW R50/4, 1973-85; 84BMW K100 w/Monaco Sidecar, 2005-08; 89Honda PC800 Trike, 2005-12; 12Honda PCX 125 Scooter, 2013- .
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Seat for PCX

Post by iceman »

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Are you in the UK
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Is there a reason this thread is in the Forza forum?

I have posted about custom seats available in Thailand. Here is a link to the shop that makes them for just about every one of the other distributors, including Powerbypcx. It is in Thai, but if you open it in Chrome, you can click the translate button.

http://www.noiwatdan.com/index.php?opti ... e&Itemid=1
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi AvR, welcome :) I bet you accidentally tapped on the wrong "accessory forum" button. Your question is in the Forza Accessory forum instead of the PCX Accessory forum. I've done the same thing in the past, and I've been here awhile :geek: :D
kramnala is a very helpful member and you will love his seat and his scoot when you see it! ;)
Good luck getting comfortable
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
AvR

Post by AvR »

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, I got into the wrong scooter column (Forza) when I should have used the PCX Accessory forum. No, I am not in UK but in the USA (Columbus, Ohio). But as to the topic of my search for a hump-less PCX125 seat, I discovered that I am not the only one searching for a comfortable seat. I have now seen on this site some suitable seats that might fit my need. Unfortunately they have to be ordered unseen and paid in full (cat-in-the-sack syndrome). With so many people looking for such a seat with a reasonably ergonomics (user-friendly) design, I wonder why scooter dealers or Honda parts suppliers are not offering them out of stock. I have just read that the 2014 PCX scooter might have a hump-free seat. If so, would that seat become available from our local dealers, and would it fit my 2012 model?

By the way, it helped me to see that many members list their location in their header so that I can better judge how useful their advice would be for my location in the US, or for somebody else in New Zealand or Thailand. :roll:
Life long motorcycle driver:55Zündapp Moped 1955-60; 56Norton ES2 500 single, 1960;58Norton Dominator 88 500 twin w/Monaco Sidecar, 1960-63; 73Honda CB350, 1973; 74BMW R50/4, 1973-85; 84BMW K100 w/Monaco Sidecar, 2005-08; 89Honda PC800 Trike, 2005-12; 12Honda PCX 125 Scooter, 2013- .
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

I would think with the several good reviews on this website and others about the seats from powerbypcx you should be fairly comfortable in ordering one. If you dont like it sell it. If Honda were to sell them you would be complaining about the price. You also have the option of removing it yourself and getting it refoamed and covered.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

AvR,
You could take it to California and have Russell Day Long to mod it. Make an appointment before you go.
Then you could ride Hwy 1, Yosemite, Durango-Silverton, Beartooth Pass, etc for testing purposes of course and post some great pics with a new seat in the gallery!!!!!
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Any local upholsterer will be able to redo the seat for you for little expense. Definitely cheaper than a new seat.
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

willajabir wrote:AvR,
You could take it to California and have Russell Day Long to mod it. Make an appointment before you go.
Then you could ride Hwy 1, Yosemite, Durango-Silverton, Beartooth Pass, etc for testing purposes of course and post some great pics with a new seat in the gallery!!!!!
Or,he could just mail it. All of your suggestions would be a awfully chilly ride this time of year. :lol:
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

You're keeerect Ratster, but I think the photos(I was attempting to elicit) from inside the shipping box would not be very as inspiring :roll:
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg