Takegawa FIcon2

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Takegawa FIcon2

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I just ordered this as it will match my exhaust. Has anyone used this yet?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Takegawa FIcon2

Post by you you »

An exhaust?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'm sorry, no.

I have a takegawa silent sport exhaust and I just ordered the takegawa ficon2. Does anyone have any experience with the FIcon2?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Just pcxdemon has/had one I think, here is a quote from him I found.

"""The whole NCY Kit? I cant tell you what weight to go down to except to set your weight for 8k rpm,you will need tacho first to see what 13g weights are doing and then go from there...To be honest you dont need SP Takegawa FI 2 controler,Honda PGM-Fi is more than capable to handle many things thrown at it even big bore kits! I would unplug it and let Pcx sort it self out like i have on mine,its perfect!"""
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'll wait for Pcxdemon to pitch in here as I've already messaged him. If I'm not mistaken he was using Kitaco's iMap. Takegawa's is dyno tuned to their products. I figure since I have their exhaust I'll see what it does. I'm trying to keep from using a bore kit or a larger throttle body (though entertaining the idea) so as not to conflict with my warranty. My dealer too me that any aftermarket part will not be covered by my extended warranty because it is not a genuine part, however, all remaining genuine parts will be covered. Needless to say I have a pretty cool dealer to deal with.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'll address two things real quick. As I said I have a cool dealer. I paid $4100 out the door with a four year extension to my warranty to total five years. Also I'm having trouble swallowing the cost of a big tb as the 150 already has a 28mm tb as opposed to the 125s 24mm tb.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I just ordered this as it will match my exhaust. Has anyone used this yet?
Hi mate,I've used it,It's a piece of cake to use. Only two wires that need to be connected with the scooter wiring, one is for crank position sensor wire inside the right footwell fairing and the other is throttle body position wire. The rest is just a loop plugs for injector bypass.
I'm at work now, but when I get home later ill pull out the translated diagram of wire colors and a setting number for just an exhaust use...

Cheers
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Cool. Much appreciated mate.