First ride impression

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

First ride impression

Post by Ratster »

Well I finally got take my first ride today. Not only was it the first ride on my scooter,but my first ride on a scooter period.

I think I had the the bar set pretty high and expected a lot more than what I got. I have to keep telling myself its a scooter not a motorcycle. Even with that being said,I think I'm going to enjoy this little guy.
I think I will call him Zippy :lol:

The first order of business to deal with is going to be the seat. That lump/hump thing-a-ma-jig has got to go. I felt like my knees were up my nose and I'm not even 6'. Not really a big deal since i have read so much about it,it was expected.

Other than looking good the factory windscreen is pretty much worthless.I try to ride year round so I need a little more protection from the elements. Of course during the warm months the factory screen will be ok. I will probably go with a Givi and hope I made the right decision. I like the looks of the ?? (Same same sells them) but I'm a little spooked about ordering from over seas.

I wasn't at all comfortable leaning into the curves on this thing. I know its just because it is a different seating position than I'm used to,so that's not a big deal.

I was kind of worried about the hills around here kicking Zippys butt ,so my first ride was straight to the hills to see what he had. Rolled up to the stop sign,pulled in the clutch and......This is going to take some getting used to. Anyways,from the stop sign its probably a 2 mile pull at a 5% grade give or take a little. Twist the throttle and away we go. Absolutely no problem hitting the posted speed limit going up hill in a relatively short distance. Better than I expected. By the time we reached the top he hit a indicated 65mph,so I was tickled. Turned into the neighborhood,and the first hill is short but straight up,the little guy never broke a sweat. :D

I got home and the girlfriend who has been making fun of me for even buying it wants to ride. :( She thinks I'm a sissy.
She also thinks she's a big girl because she rides a FZ6R. Anyways...she takes off and comes back with a great big shit eating grin talking about how much fun that was! Guess who wants one now? :roll:

So I guess with a new screen and seat mod I will be happy. No buyers remorse here. :lol:
Better add a Givi trunk too!
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: First ride impression

Post by chucktuna »

Agree 100% with your assessment!

Once you get past the social stigma that riding a "scooter" or even worse, a "moped" brings upon you, then the fun begins.

The PCX is great mid size scoot that will always be in my stable.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Glad you're enjoying it. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chucktuna wrote:Agree 100% with your assessment!

Once you get past the social stigma that riding a "scooter" or even worse, a "moped" brings upon you, then the fun begins.

Bloody Jasper Carrot
chucktuna
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

you you wrote:
chucktuna wrote:Agree 100% with your assessment!

Bloody Jasper Carrot
?????

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ratster wrote:

That's funny :lol: