Givi Tall windshields in the UK, best to order and forget

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Givi Tall windshields in the UK, best to order and forget

Post by redwind »

After inquiries with many retailers in the UK, i finally discovered, or was told, that Givi only makes the screen after it is ordered. So, now the 3-4 week wait begins as i just ordered it 2 days ago. Strange, one can build a house in a week, but a screen takes longer.

Anyway, told myself that it's best to just forget about it now that i've ordered it so that i can move back from the edge of my seat. The short Givi is pretty much pointless in the winter, and if you want to cut out windnoise, it is useless as well - unless you are 1.6m or below that is.

For those in the UK whom are looking for a Givi windshield for your Honda PCX, i'd recommend Cox Honda (http://www.coxhonda.co.uk/323dt-p-3502263.html) . The customer service by Wesley is exemplary. Of course you could try the ebay route.

You can try AmazonUK, but both the retailers doing the screen there sent me the wrong one - one sent me the 322st, and the other, the 323 DTG - and said that i had to wait for another 3-4 weeks if i wanted the right one (323 DT). Sheesh! :cry:
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Givi Tall windshields in the UK, best to order and forge

Post by Mel46 »

I ordered the tall one several months ago and it has been a waiting game. As I understand it, the tall one is on national backorder here in the USA, so I, like you, have just resigned myself to just forget about it until it arrives.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

I think there is a shortage but when I had my pcx, I got my short givi screen the next day ordered from the Honda dealer, they had it in stock but seems pretty much everywhere else is out.

Thinking of getting another one as I short givi was bad for me due to wind noise blowing up my helmet.
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

@ Mel, Several months Mel?! Unbelievable. And i thought i was having it bad with 3-4 weeks wait-time.

@ Cracksta, the short one is quite easy to get from quite a few sources as i discovered from inquiries. But you're right about the wind-noise. I can hear a bassy hum even at 20mph, but that is countered by tilting the helmet downward.

All in all, the short Givi is great for summer when you want to feel the wind despite the wind-noise.

For myself, i think i'm going to stick to my tall screen on a permanent basis. I like quiet and pretty much relaxing wind-free rides.....which also enables me to hear my 70s stuff via my helmet speakers without additional gusty input.
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, a couple of months. I ordered it on October 5th. They send me notices ever so often to let me know that they haven't forgotten about me and that it is on back order every where. They have even assign an individual to me to make sure I understand that they are doing everything they can but are held up by Givi .
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Mel46 wrote:Yes, a couple of months. I ordered it on October 5th. They send me notices ever so often to let me know that they haven't forgotten about me and that it is on back order every where. They have even assign an individual to me to make sure I understand that they are doing everything they can but are held up by Givi .
You might as well have tried to order it from the UK. Pricy because of the shipping, but you would probably be using it by now.

I went through the checkout process for the screen for shipping to New York - http://www.coxhonda.co.uk/323dt-p-3502263.html - and the shipping would be 42gbp. So the total would be about $234usd.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

$234?! Ouch! I only paid $164. And that included free shipping.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Mel46 wrote:$234?! Ouch! I only paid $164. And that included free shipping.
Yeah, looks like shipping to the U.S. beefs it up too much. I paid what you paid, plus free shipping...to my place in the UK that is.

Hope you get your screen soon man. Post up some pics when you do! :)
Dazzler

Post by Dazzler »

Hi just fitted the Givi screen ordered and delivered next day £44 from Ghostbikes top company
Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Lecompte »

@Mel46: Where did you order your tall screen from? I am looking at Competition Accessories ($164.99 with free shipping).

Thanks.

Lecompte
PCX 125 White
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I guess they went up by .99 cents. I ordered mine through them and I am happy to report that I just received it today, as well as custom levers, and it took me all of 15 minutes to install both. I am very impressed with both, though I do have a halo affect on one corner, but that may be because I got grease on it there and can't seem to get it all off. A few more washings should do the trick, but the scooter is parked for the winter at the moment.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Mel46 wrote:I guess they went up by .99 cents. I ordered mine through them and I am happy to report that I just received it today, as well as custom levers, and it took me all of 15 minutes to install both. I am very impressed with both, though I do have a halo affect on one corner, but that may be because I got grease on it there and can't seem to get it all off. A few more washings should do the trick, but the scooter is parked for the winter at the moment.
Ohhh! Finally Mel! I'm happy for you! :D

Would love to see pictures of it all fitted up when you get it done. :)