CBS causing me problems

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: CBS causing me problems

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:How can you adjust the center splitter though? I see nothing about that in the service manual.

Ask dasshreddar, he was the one to suggest it: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?p=27600#p27600
maddiedog wrote:You'll only increase stopping distance if you can't lock with the front caliper only. You can. :P
But can you lock it in all conditions on all surfaces in all weathers?
Perhaps more thorough testing required....?

Anyway, I refer you to my original thought in this discussion, the OP just needs to learn how to use the CBS braking system correctly rather than fanny around trying to "fix" the brakes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
maddiedog wrote:How can you adjust the center splitter though? I see nothing about that in the service manual.

Ask dasshreddar, he was the one to suggest it: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?p=27600#p27600
maddiedog wrote:You'll only increase stopping distance if you can't lock with the front caliper only. You can. :P
But can you lock it in all conditions on all surfaces in all weathers?
Perhaps more thorough testing required....?

Anyway, I refer you to my original thought in this discussion, the OP just needs to learn how to use the CBS braking system correctly rather than fanny around trying to "fix" the brakes.

Oh I don't know. Be reasonable.

The OP locks the rear brakes to test grip when it's damp and wet. You can also spin up the rear coming out of corners to do the same thing. Although it does hack off wife if she is following. Great fun though. I am a bit of a dick and happy to admit it

However I'm heartily disappointed that the pcx seems incapable of this. Honda are idiots. What do they employ all those engineers for? The bike is clearly unsafe. You need to tell me what I need to do to the bike to sort this.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

you you wrote: However I'm heartily disappointed that the pcx seems incapable of this. Honda are idiots. What do they employ all those engineers for? The bike is clearly unsafe. You need to tell me what I need to do to the bike to sort this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's right up there with a local municipality in the next state over talking about making McDonalds illegal because too many residents are obese and impoverished.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

:roll: come on guys the OP wants to "unlink" his cbs, the easiest way to do that is by loosening the cbs adjuster screw and tighten the drum adjuster screw.

What is good for commuters is not always good for technical riders, the OP does not want the front to lock up in the wet, same with me, but in my case I don't want the
front to lock up on steep dirt trails, and besides it's fun just to lock up the rear when your out shredding the streets. :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:
you you wrote: However I'm heartily disappointed that the pcx seems incapable of this. Honda are idiots. What do they employ all those engineers for? The bike is clearly unsafe. You need to tell me what I need to do to the bike to sort this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's right up there with a local municipality in the next state over talking about making McDonalds illegal because too many residents are obese and impoverished.

We just missed out on a pasty tax. Seriously.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dasshreddar wrote::roll: come on guys the OP wants to "unlink" his cbs, the easiest way to do that is by loosening the cbs adjuster screw and tighten the drum adjuster screw.

What is good for commuters is not always good for technical riders, the OP does not want the front to lock up in the wet, same with me, but in my case I don't want the
front to lock up on steep dirt trails, and besides it's fun just to lock up the rear when your out shredding the streets. :lol:

That is good fun I have to admit

Not sure the puny drum will ever be up to it with it carrying the weight of the engine. A good disk would be better
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

CBS now removed, so much better... Freedom :D