Day 1 in my ownership experience

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

aborchers7459

Day 1 in my ownership experience

Post by aborchers7459 »

Yesterday, I picked up a used 2013 PCX 150. The unit included a Givi Box and Windshield. I may have overpaid at $2795.

The dealer I bought from was about 70 miles from home, so I got a great introduction. Temps were in the 70's, but it was windy.

My take - the PCX is an absolute ball to ride! While I can ride it on the interstate, the PCX really shines on state roads at 40-60 mph. The wind did push me around a bit. I'm planning on using my PCX to ride to the train station daily and as a second car.

I'm glad to see an online community for the PCX.

Andy
Andy Borchers
Hermitage, TN
Honda 2013 PCX 150
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Day 1 in my ownership experience

Post by Mel46 »

How many miles were on it when you bought it? Unless the mileage was extreme I would say you paid a good price for it. New, without the Givi accessories you would be paying $3500 USD plus tax. The Givi items add value and save you from having to put them on yourself which you probably would do eventually as you find more and more uses for it. The PCX is a great scooter. We take ours for long drives in the country. Make sure you carry extra fuel if you expect to go places that are not familiar to you. They may not have any gas stations, and the PCX only has a 1.5 gallon gas tank...still, 100 mpg is great!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org

Post some pics of you 'new' bike. As far as whether you overpaid, it depends where you bought it. If you are happy with it, don't worry about how much you paid, it's done now. Enjoy?

Sounds like you live in the US with temps like that at this time of the year.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Congrats on the new scoot. Sounds like it will be just right for your intended uses. We are in southern Texas - had near 80º temps today, with a cold front coming in that will drop our temps by about 40º... with a cold north wind and rain. I think we'll be taking a few days off the scoots. This cold front is slamming a good portion of the US - hope you are somewhere that Mother Nature allows plenty of time on the PCX.

Enjoy!

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Did you take it off any sweet jumps ?
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

aborchers7459 wrote:Yesterday, I picked up a used 2013 PCX 150. The unit included a Givi Box and Windshield. I may have overpaid at $2795.

The dealer I bought from was about 70 miles from home, so I got a great introduction. Temps were in the 70's, but it was windy.

My take - the PCX is an absolute ball to ride! While I can ride it on the interstate, the PCX really shines on state roads at 40-60 mph. The wind did push me around a bit. I'm planning on using my PCX to ride to the train station daily and as a second car.

I'm glad to see an online community for the PCX.

Andy
Hey Andy! congrats on your new toy! you'll like this site as it's both fun and informative. of course we have our characters, right you you??!!

as to the price you paid, sounds like a good deal. the rack and Givi box is probably worth $200 or so (they have to drill when they put the rack on so the price may be more with the labor charges) and the windshield is probably worth $150 or so. I think the pcx retails for $3500 new, you can look on NADA. it's loads of fun! I went to a large Givi windshield and helps a lot with the wind and just riding over 40 mph. I also rigged up a tunnel bag which is actually a sissy bar bag for a motorcycle. I have enclosed a pic of mine.

Don't forget to update your profile with your location and fuelly banner. Look forward to your upcoming posts.
Attachments
PCX 004.jpg
PCX 004.jpg (14.6 KiB) Viewed 853 times