Garaged for winter

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

novemberdelta

Garaged for winter

Post by novemberdelta »

good bye pcx! I'm too cold riding my pcx and the salt is down and its getting frosty in Scotland. So I am putting the scoot away for winter. Back to the wagon and 25mpg :(
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Garaged for winter

Post by tomtic »

That's sad :cry:
I don't think I could get through the winter without my PCX ..........
Will you take it out for a spin if we get a mild phase in the winter?
I know the road salt is a pain. I have to cold wash my PCX, motorbike and bicycles every single time I take them out during the winter. But anything is better than rust.
I hope you've got some photos to remind you of the good rides you've had during the summer!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

novemberdelta wrote:good bye pcx! I'm too cold riding my pcx and the salt is down and its getting frosty in Scotland. So I am putting the scoot away for winter. Back to the wagon and 25mpg :(
Me too.
Scottish winters. Brrrrr
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mine has been acf50'd and will be getting used unless there's ice or snow.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
novemberdelta

Post by novemberdelta »

Yeah I'll take it out on a cold dry day.

Main problem is at the moment there is frost every morning and frost is already forming when I leave work. Plus I get little pleasure from rising home in the pitch dark freezing nights. I'm happier in the car and warm to be honest! I don't feel safe really on the little roads I have to ride when it's rainy and dark other drivers are so distracted
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Well, it's supposed to get really cold this week and no sign of warming on the horizon. So, I put the Forza in the basement for the winter. I filled up the gas tank, put a little Sta-bil in the gas and ran it for a bit (the dealer said to fill it up to prevent rust inside the tank). It's up on the center stand and on the battery tender. Cover is on. (Or should I say the sheet is on? I'd like a real cover, but I'm using a sheet for now.) I think I will call it "Bear" because it will hibernate all winter.

On the other hand, my Ruckus is going to go to "motor camp" this winter. I FINALLY found a donor bike with the engine I want... it's a 153cc liquid-cooled, fuel injected engine AND it's a HONDA!! I had been hoping to find a PCX150 to use as a donor bike, but they are hard to find used for under $2900. I didn't want to spend that much for a donor bike. So, I did some research and found out that in 2010 Honda released the SH150i in the US (that was the only year that bike was released in the US). The SH150i has the engine I want to put in my Ruckus. The SH150i is also rare to find for under $2900 used, but I did find a salvaged SH150i at a shop in Cincinnati for a good price.

It had been in a front end crash, the front plastics are trashed and the front fame may be bent, but the rear end is aok. It runs fine, so I bought it. I have found a local fabricator/welder who specialized in refurbishing motorcycles. He is going to come over to look at my Ruck and the donor SH150i next week to talk to me about what it will take for him to do the work. I'm pretty excited! So, I think winter won't be so bad for me for as far as bike withdrawal goes. :)
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Darth Emma wrote:Well, it's supposed to get really cold this week and no sign of warming on the horizon. So, I put the Forza in the basement for the winter. I filled up the gas tank, put a little Sta-bil in the gas and ran it for a bit (the dealer said to fill it up to prevent rust inside the tank). It's up on the center stand and on the battery tender. Cover is on. (Or should I say the sheet is on? I'd like a real cover, but I'm using a sheet for now.) I think I will call it "Bear" because it will hibernate all winter.

On the other hand, my Ruckus is going to go to "motor camp" this winter. I FINALLY found a donor bike with the engine I want... it's a 153cc liquid-cooled, fuel injected engine AND it's a HONDA!! I had been hoping to find a PCX150 to use as a donor bike, but they are hard to find used for under $2900. I didn't want to spend that much for a donor bike. So, I did some research and found out that in 2010 Honda released the SH150i in the US (that was the only year that bike was released in the US). The SH150i has the engine I want to put in my Ruckus. The SH150i is also rare to find for under $2900 used, but I did find a salvaged SH150i at a shop in Cincinnati for a good price.

It had been in a front end crash, the front plastics are trashed and the front fame may be bent, but the rear end is aok. It runs fine, so I bought it. I have found a local fabricator/welder who specialized in refurbishing motorcycles. He is going to come over to look at my Ruck and the donor SH150i next week to talk to me about what it will take for him to do the work. I'm pretty excited! So, I think winter won't be so bad for me for as far as bike withdrawal goes. :)
Cool, please do a write up w/pics, maybe in the "other bike" section.
Thanks 8)