d322st windshield-fitting vid

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

d322st windshield-fitting vid

Post by redwind »

Hello all, glad to have found this forum. Previously had only ridden mountain bikes. Took my CBT a couple of months back, and after much research, settled on the Honda PCX 125 as my bike. Love it!

I don't have any pics of my bike or me on it with me, so i thought i'd post up a 'how to' video on fitting the Givi 322st Windshield which i put on youtube. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]yR_SnwIy8t4[/youtube]
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: d322st windshield-fitting vid

Post by dustin91 »

Hello and welcome Redwind! Have you noticed any issues with the windscreen interfering with mirror position, or hampering the ability to lock the steering to the left when parked?
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

dustin91 wrote:Hello and welcome Redwind! Have you noticed any issues with the windscreen interfering with mirror position, or hampering the ability to lock the steering to the left when parked?
Hi Dustin,

Glad to be here! Thanks. :)

I have absolutely no problem locking the handlebar in either direction. The left mirror did knock the screen and i didn't even notice it till later, but it didn't stop me from locking the handlebar. Anyway, i just adjusted the mirror with a spanner and tilted it inward just a centimetre by adjusting the top bolt at the bottom of the mirror. All's well now.

However, as an epilogue to this screen, i just bought a Givi 322dt which is the taller screen as this shorter one doesn't block out the wind-noise or wind - i'm 1.69m....i think that is 5.5ft. That might be alright, and even welcome, during hot summer weeks (i won't say 'months' as this is the UK and summer just does cameo appearances here), but during winter, what i feel is an icy rush up my helmet. Not very comfortable that.
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Hi Red,

Yeah, that's my dilemma... short or tall screen. I'm 5'6", and definitely want the protection in colder weather here for my chest and head, so the taller screen might be better. But in the summer, nothing beats a nice breeze when it's 90º! Maybe I'll just have to get both. ;)

BTW, my wife, son and I were in the UK in August visiting friends in Milton Keynes, with trips to Cardiff and London in between. I saw lots of scoots there, but only one PCX. And the weather was PERFECT. What I wouldn't have done to have mine with me on the trip!
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

dustin91 wrote:Hi Red,

Yeah, that's my dilemma... short or tall screen. I'm 5'6", and definitely want the protection in colder weather here for my chest and head, so the taller screen might be better. But in the summer, nothing beats a nice breeze when it's 90º! Maybe I'll just have to get both. ;)

BTW, my wife, son and I were in the UK in August visiting friends in Milton Keynes, with trips to Cardiff and London in between. I saw lots of scoots there, but only one PCX. And the weather was PERFECT. What I wouldn't have done to have mine with me on the trip!
Hi Dustin,

Your being 5ft 6 would have the shorter Givi coming up to just below chin-level.

I had the same dilemma Dustin. I heard lots of good of reviews of the shorter Givi. Tried it, and only appreciated how good a taller screen might be when i dipped my head below the short screen whilst riding. Everything was suddenly so much calmer, quiet and less cold. Hence, i decided to go for the tall one. I got a feeling that once i get the taller one, i may not bother with the shorter one....though i keep telling myself that it would be great for summer - so as to not feel bad about spending close to 50 pounds on that.

If i might make a suggestion, perhaps you could go for the taller one first and then get the shorter one later if you feel the need. I'd say, at least for myself, that a taller one is a 'need', whereas a shorter one is a 'want' in comparison. In the summer months, you could just leave your visor up to keep cool. ;)

I quite like the Biondi screen for the Honda PCX (http://www.dropdedpeds.co.uk/auto-scoot ... 15322/523/). That's a real beauty to me...a bit like the screen Prince had on his bike in Purple Rain...haha. But it's quite difficult to get your hands on as the UK doesn't do accessories as well as, say, singapore or Australia...from what i've seen on the net.

Yeah, so far i've only seen one PCX in London when i was at a bike shop picking out a jacket. It was a white one, but quite yellow in tint. Must have been the traffic fumes or something. Summer in July and August this year was great! Glad you enjoyed that.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Appreciate the advice! That Biondi reminds of a Puig - or maybe an Ermax - screen I've seen online. Problem in the states is that we're just as limited compared to southeast Asian countries in these types of accessories. I just have to figure out which screen to get, because I want to get one either really soon before winter truly gets in gear, or to be ready for cool-weather riding in spring.

No matter what, these are good problems to have. ; )
bruno_09

Post by bruno_09 »

redwind wrote:I had the same dilemma Dustin. I heard lots of good of reviews of the shorter Givi. Tried it, and only appreciated how good a taller screen might be when i dipped my head below the short screen whilst riding. Everything was suddenly so much calmer, quiet and less cold. Hence, i decided to go for the tall one. I got a feeling that once i get the taller one, i may not bother with the shorter one....though i keep telling myself that it would be great for summer - so as to not feel bad about spending close to 50 pounds on that.

If i might make a suggestion, perhaps you could go for the taller one first and then get the shorter one later if you feel the need. I'd say, at least for myself, that a taller one is a 'need', whereas a shorter one is a 'want' in comparison. In the summer months, you could just leave your visor up to keep cool. ;)

I quite like the Biondi screen for the Honda PCX (http://www.dropdedpeds.co.uk/auto-scoot ... 15322/523/). a real beauty to me...a bit like the screen Prince had on his bike in Purple Rain...haha. But it's quite difficult to get your hands on as the UK doesn't do accessories as well as, say, singapore or Australia...from what i've seen on the net.

Yeah, so far i've only seen one PCX in London when i was at a bike shop picking out a jacket. It was a white one, but quite yellow in tint. Must have been the traffic fumes or something. Summer in July and August this year was great! Glad you enjoyed that.
Hm, me being 6'2" and having a short Givi, I simply have the buffet on my shoulders. I was never really able to slide down low enough to be completely in the calm section... So I'd like to test-drive a tall Givi once, just to see if it makes that much of a difference, and if the buffet wouldn't be hitting the top of my helmet that way.

Btw, just spent the weekend in London, and I had the feeling I was seeing PCX's every hour or so.
RagtopLady
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by RagtopLady »

I just wanted to say the info I received from the forum to mount a 323 windshield on a 2013 pcx 150 worked out super. The mirrors didn't interfere at all.
Thanks a million. It was so easy with good instructions, being none came with it.
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

dustin91 wrote:Appreciate the advice! That Biondi reminds of a Puig - or maybe an Ermax - screen I've seen online. Problem in the states is that we're just as limited compared to southeast Asian countries in these types of accessories. I just have to figure out which screen to get, because I want to get one either really soon before winter truly gets in gear, or to be ready for cool-weather riding in spring.

No matter what, these are good problems to have. ; )
Hope you find the right one mate.

"No matter what, these are good problems to have."

What a nice perspective that. :)
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Bruno 09 wrote:"Hm, me being 6'2" and having a short Givi, I simply have the buffet on my shoulders. I was never really able to slide down low enough to be completely in the calm section... So I'd like to test-drive a tall Givi once, just to see if it makes that much of a difference, and if the buffet wouldn't be hitting the top of my helmet that way.

Btw, just spent the weekend in London, and I had the feeling I was seeing PCX's every hour or so.

Your being 6'2, i suspect the wind would still hit the top of the helmet.

"Btw, just spent the weekend in London, and I had the feeling I was seeing PCX's every hour or so."

Maybe the bloke was lost...haha ;)
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

RagtopLady wrote:I just wanted to say the info I received from the forum to mount a 323 windshield on a 2013 pcx 150 worked out super. The mirrors didn't interfere at all.
Thanks a million. It was so easy with good instructions, being none came with it.
Glad it worked out RTLady :)