PCX 150 in the shop again!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX 150 in the shop again!

Post by katschamne »

I've never ownered anything Honda before this year. I do own 2 Nissans. I have never had any issues when I take our cars in even if it is making a werid sound. They have taken things apart to get to the root of a problem. If this how Honda operates I doubt I will ever buy another Honda product.

I did enjoy my scooter before all this happened. I'm not so sure if I will when I get it back. In the back of my mind will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. My weight is not going to change any time soon, not going to say I wouldn't like to lose some weight but I'm not going to lose it just for the scooter.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

katschamne wrote:I've never ownered anything Honda before this year. I do own 2 Nissans. I have never had any issues when I take our cars in even if it is making a werid sound. They have taken things apart to get to the root of a problem. If this how Honda operates I doubt I will ever buy another Honda product.

I did enjoy my scooter before all this happened. I'm not so sure if I will when I get it back. In the back of my mind will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. My weight is not going to change any time soon, not going to say I wouldn't like to lose some weight but I'm not going to lose it just for the scooter.
We're the weird sounds on your two nissans the same as the weird sound on the PCX?
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

No, I used that as an example. Whenever we had any problems in the past 12 years both dealers we used took care of the problems without giving us the third degree. They even replaced my husband's bulb after 4 years because he has the xenon headlights all while the car was under warranty. My car is one of the first Sentras with a CVT transmission and they extended my warranty because people where having difficulties finding replacement parts. Anytime we had a recall they had a loaner car for us. We've had great customer service. That's what I expected from Honda.

When the bike first made the noise. I wasn't sure what it was until I described it to my husband and he asked " like a belt squeal?" It was then it dawned on me, that's what it was. It's been awhile since I've driven an older car but I know what a belt squeal is, but again this was with an old car with many miles on it. Not on a vehicle with less then 500 miles the first time it happened and the 2nd with less then 550 miles.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

katschamne wrote:No, I used that as an example. Whenever we had any problems in the past 12 years both dealers we used took care of the problems without giving us the third degree. They even replaced my husband's bulb after 4 years because he has the xenon headlights all while the car was under warranty. My car is one of the first Sentras with a CVT transmission and they extended my warranty because people where having difficulties finding replacement parts. Anytime we had a recall they had a loaner car for us. We've had great customer service. That's what I expected from Honda.

When the bike first made the noise. I wasn't sure what it was until I described it to my husband and he asked " like a belt squeal?" It was then it dawned on me, that's what it was. It's been awhile since I've driven an older car but I know what a belt squeal is, but again this was with an old car with many miles on it. Not on a vehicle with less then 500 miles the first time it happened and the 2nd with less then 550 miles.

Mind you bike dealers in general are nowhere near car dealers in terms of customer service. I use a BMW dealership that prides itself on customer service. It isn't in the same league as the service my old dad gets from the Toyota garage he bought hi car from nine years ago
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I figure that I will give you all an update on my scooter. I did get it back almost couple of weeks ago. It was covered under warranty. They replaced the belt and a gasket cover. The paperwork stated, "APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN SOME ASSEMBLY GREASE ON THE ROLLERS OF DRIVE PLATE BELT DUST AND ASSEMBLY GREASE WAS SLUNG AND ACCUMULATED INSIDE THE BELT DRIVE HOUSING AND COMPONENTS. BELT IS WORN AND GLAZED ALL ALONG THE EDGE. DRIVE AND DRIVEN PULLEY APPEARS TO BE OK WITH NO ABNORMAL WEAR OR GROOVES. HAD TO CLEAN OFF MELTED BELT MATERIAL OFF DRIVE FACE. REC NEW BELT"

When I picked it up the guy said he was sorry that he missed the lube oil. The Honda rep found it. The day I pick it up it was raining. A little while later he called to make sure that I arrived home safely. I have to say that was nice. His attitude was much different then when I had talked to him in the past. I have also received a survey about my service that I have to fill out.

They did end up losing the sale of the F6B Goldwing that my husband was going to get. He ended up getting a great deal on a Kawasaki Vaquero at a different dealer. He would never had looked else where if I hadn't had problems with this dealer. I was asking them about service and I explained what happen with the one I bought my scooter from. The service manager said if he had heard one of his guys talking to me like the one guy did, that he would be out a job. They also sell Hondas out of their other store down the street. They said if I have any more problems that they would be more then happy to take a look at it for me.

I have only driven it a couple times since I got it back. So far it seems okay but I haven't driven it very far since I got it back. I.m hoping for a couple more nicer days out so I can make sure that it is indeed fixed. Although I am really running out of time. We just got an 1" of snow today. The days that are warmer it seems to rain.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Glad to hear it got fixed. Hoping everything stays good with it.

Sounds completely like a dealer fault, not a scooter fault. :( Glad to hear you didn't give them more business -- they certainly didn't deserve it.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Glad to hear it got fixed. Hoping everything stays good with it.

Sounds completely like a dealer fault, not a scooter fault. :( Glad to hear you didn't give them more business -- they certainly didn't deserve it.

Sounds like a manufacturing fault that want dealt with properly by the dealer
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I should have been clear -- the issue taking this long to fix was a dealer problem. The original issue was Honda's fault, the delay and hassle was completely on the dealer, because it sounds like the problem was simply wiping off some grease. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I agree Maddiedog. I have decided on taking my scooter to another dealership in the area for future service. I have to take it up whenever it warms up a bit for the 600 mile oil change. After they do that I will have them store the scooter there since it will be free with the service. The only time that the weather has been warm, it has rained. Just waiting for that barely warm day and then I'll have my crazy husband drive it there while I follow him in the car. I'll be sad to see it go into storage, but when I'm ready to take it out in the spring it will be all ready to go.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

It would seem to be pretty important to give it a good shakedown run as soon as possible and before storing it away to make sure it is fixed so they don't try to blame it on you again in the spring. These modern bikes actually ride very well in the rain.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Yeah I'm a wimp. The only day that it was warm, was also the day that we had tornadoes in Illinois with gust up to 50 mph hour in our area. Other than that the temps have been in the lower 40's. I personally don't ride in the rain unless I have to. I'm a new rider with very little experience and only a permit. Here in Illinois you can ride on a permit only if you have someone else that you can ride with. The only ride I have gotten in since I've gotten it back was a 20 mile ride round trip. It seemed to working fine then but I never had a problem unless it was a 40 mile round trip.