Wide tyres and insurance

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Wide tyres and insurance

Post by khaosaming »

nacho wrote:I run Michelin something 45's on my Pcx in Bangkok, where the winter means rain!
--------------
Actually, the rainy season or monsoon (June-October) in Thailand is in the summer. When it rains, the peak temperatures fall a bit but the moisture and humidity is overwhelming. Hot season is from March to May and it is mostly dry with lots of sunshine but unbearably hot for a farang. The cool season (November-February), corresponding to our winter, gets the smallest amount of rainfall -- some places hardly any rain at all for several months. This is the best period to visit Thailand.

Remember, Thailand is located in the northern hemisphere, so winter is in the winter and summer in the summer as we Europeans know it. The equator is far lower, roughly in Singapore. The southern hemisphere (like Australia or South Africa) gets all the months and seasons vice-versa but it doesn't apply to Thailand.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
nacho

Re: Wide tyres and insurance

Post by nacho »

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we're running Michelin's. They work! Winter, spring, summer and fall, the only thing hotter than Thailand, is my wife!
khaosaming wrote:
nacho wrote:I run Michelin something 45's on my Pcx in Bangkok, where the winter means rain!
--------------
Actually, the rainy season or monsoon (June-October) in Thailand is in the summer. When it rains, the peak temperatures fall a bit but the moisture and humidity is overwhelming. Hot season is from March to May and it is mostly dry with lots of sunshine but unbearably hot for a farang. The cool season (November-February), corresponding to our winter, gets the smallest amount of rainfall -- some places hardly any rain at all for several months. This is the best period to visit Thailand.

Remember, Thailand is located in the northern hemisphere, so winter is in the winter and summer in the summer as we Europeans know it. The equator is far lower, roughly in Singapore. The southern hemisphere (like Australia or South Africa) gets all the months and seasons vice-versa but it doesn't apply to Thailand.
Attachments
Pak.jpg
Pak.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 225 times