Yessssssss!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

redhandmoto

Yessssssss!

Post by redhandmoto »

Scooter drought is officially over...new 2013 black PCX150 now being prepped for me - will be picking it up at 3:30...Hotcha! :D
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Yessssssss!

Post by ItsaHonda »

Congrats!! Glad to see you went ahead and pulled the trigger on a PCX...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by it. Be sure to let us know your first ride impressions...
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

Picked it up right on time and went out riding, but eventually night fell; supper was ready, so reluctantly rode back to the barn.

First impressions: My word! Takes off pretty smartly, don't it? Well-out in front of the pack. My old Zuma 125 didn't do as well.

Quarter throttle or so got us up to speed in no time - no danger of not keeping parity with traffic in brief runs on the higher-speed county highways (being mindful that throttle discipline wants restraint in these break-in miles).

Larger wheels no hindrance to flickability, either, and made the potholes bearable. Does seem to love the corners, too; ran the same twisty roads over and over, pushing the lean angle. Even waaaay over, tires ran them sticking like mud, no insecurity at all. I'm starting to have trouble thinking of it as a scooter.

So. Gotta take it easy for the next few hundred; meanwhile, gonna research what solutions you guys have found that works well for soft luggage - tail/tank bags? Removable, carry-around saddle bags? One down side (for me) was the lack of native storage: no flat scooter floor. Not crazy about top boxes...so maybe there's waterproofs around that can be slung over the rear end of the seat & tail that'll work well for groceries and what-not.

The seat hump...took the hump off, found that I could get my legs out and feet way forward despite it, and put it back on. The disadvantage of it really turns out to be that it encourages sliding me forward involuntarily, so perhaps sometime I can get the whole thing professionally "leveled" to remove a bit of the forward pitch.

All-in-all, what a hoot!
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

with all of 20 miles ridden...

SportRiderrr

Post by SportRiderrr »

Did you eventually pick up for bags for this? Just curious...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We ended up purchasing a custom seat from powerbypcx.com, but until that time remember that there is plenty of room under the seat.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red