MSF Safety Course

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Re: MSF Safety Course

Post by former50cc »

meissinger wrote:My 18 yr-old son, Nikolas, and I did the course week before last.
I hope you enjoyed the bonding experience with your son as much as I did when I took the course with my daughter. She goes shopping for clothes with my wife, but I took the MSF course with her.
The motorcycle school we attended provided scooters for those who preferred, and "normal" motorcycles for the rest. (3 scooters to 8 motorcycles) It was actually helpful to have a mix of scooters and regular motorcycles.
I'd like an excuse to take my daughter again for another class. Maybe we'll take a refresher course a year from now and my little girl will learn to use a clutch.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bumping this thread in hopes it will inspire those that have been on the fence about taking the course.
Looking back it's one of the best decisions I've ever made, and a fun one at that! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I took the MSF course about a month ago. I had no idea how much I would learn. I think everyone should take it even those who consider themselves to be "too experienced" to take it. It certainly made me a safer rider. And I had a lot of fun taking it too. I met a lot of cool people in the process.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Agree. I took mine even though I knew I was going to get a scooter, because the info covered went well beyond shifting and riding in the clutch's friction zone. Very well done and informative.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

i took mine about a month ago fail the ride portion the first time (due to a slipping clutch i found out later) this was on a traditional motorcycle a gx250 i believe but after i called the office explained the situation( the instructor put me down for a retest) and i took it on a scoot. passed with flying colors.

i was on the fence i had been riding a 80 elite which is small in size and power so i was never hassled but now i feel so much safer and skilled i have been telling everyone i know to do the same.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
SportRiderrr

Post by SportRiderrr »

yeah, quitting after you pay doesn't seem that smart.