Anybody use heated handgrips?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Anybody use heated handgrips?

Post by MichRocks »

I finally got to try my Frogg Toggs rain-gear, and I would highly recommend them. They are large and trap a lot of air, but are amazingly warm considering. I only had a short sleeve shirt on under the jacket, it rained like hell, and I arrived back after a couple of hours bone dry. Temp was 41F. Suit did its job, but my fingers were definitely cold. It wasn't as bad as last week in a 33F ride, but this is making me kick around the idea of heated hand-grips. Has anyone tried them? I know they are typically used on snowmobiles, but I would love to extend my riding season.

Thanks in advance-
Attachments
gear_sm.jpg
gear_sm.jpg (175.32 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Anybody use heated handgrips?

Post by DAB »

Got some, but being a lazy bu**er not installed them yet. Should be on before the end of the year :oops:
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

They are good, but think handlebar mitts would hep more by taking the wind blast of your hands
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I've got them and they are great. For me it means I can use summer gloves late into the autumn
Lee.R

Post by Lee.R »

I have them on a Tiger 1050.

I would recommend a heated jacket before grips. If you warm you core the rest of your body will be very comfortable, hands and feet. I rarely use the heated grips in the winter, I actually run non-insulated gloves too about 35 degrees.

If the stator can handle it look at adding a heating jacket first before the heated grips.
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi Mich, I ride through the Auckland winter wearing Rain-Off (http://www.rain-off.com) gloves over my winter gloves. Like your rain gear, they are large and trap a lot of air, and they keep the gloves dry and warm. You can probably get them (or something similar) in the US. Heated grips would be a plus but I find eliminating the wind chill factor from wet gloves is sufficient for me. Then again, Auckland is probably not as cold as Michigan.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I use a full set of Venture heated liners. Neck to toe but only bother with the foot beds if I am going on a trip out of town.
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I use Oxford heated grips and Tucano Urbano muffs which means its fingers toasty and summer gloves all year round.