how quickly does ecm pick up temp drops

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

how quickly does ecm pick up temp drops

Post by mikelx5 »

i noticed a decent drop in power today when i removed snorkle yesterday it got louder but ran pretty solid but tonight it went from 50 when i got to work to around freezing, and i lost a lot of speed. now is this the snorkle or just the ecm lagging allowing it to run lean? i went from around 65-67 at the limiter to struggling to maintain 60 not even feeling limiter at all. and if i need to reset ecm whats the trick?
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: how quickly does ecm pick up temp drops

Post by sendler2112 »

Ride it some more and see what happens. The Intake Air Temp sensor is giving the fuel computer instantaneous data. Along with the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and the Throttle Angle sensor and the rpm which the computer uses to choose the injection duration from a map. The O2 sensor gives feedback as to what the resulting mixture is so the computer can globally trim the adaptation somewhat to make up for slight differences between what was predicted and what resulted.
Maybe you had a headwind.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

sendler2112 wrote: Maybe you had a headwind.
Thats what i thought....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mikelx5 wrote:i noticed a decent drop in power today when i removed snorkle yesterday it got louder but ran pretty solid but tonight it went from 50 when i got to work to around freezing, and i lost a lot of speed. now is this the snorkle or just the ecm lagging allowing it to run lean? i went from around 65-67 at the limiter to struggling to maintain 60 not even feeling limiter at all. and if i need to reset ecm whats the trick?

Try popping the snorkel back and see if the problem goes away?
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

im gonna give a bit before reinstall the snorkle. i was gonna dismiss the headwind thing because i didnt notice it much till i remembered i just got new gear that is awesome but my face was getting blasted through my helmet
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
ahernandez74

Post by ahernandez74 »

A lot of the times I would say that headwind or crosswind has a pretty big effect on your speed. I would try to double check the theory by riding into headwind again. See how that plays out, and it might save you some time.