How long you been riding?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: How long you been riding?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bump'n it :D
No matter if you're young or younger ;) this threads for all forum folk. Whether you rode 1 or 100 bikes, no matter. 8) I'm aiming to keep this thread alive for ya'll to jump in and share your riding history with us. I'll be here for sure, sure!
Wait! Popcorn run
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

10 months .... bought the PCX for what I thought would be a good means of transportation in a traffic packed mega-city, and it is that, but it has turned into a bit of a hobby, including hondapcx.org forums
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

30 years off and on, started on a Honda 400, then bought a yamaha zuma, then a eurosport 150 and now a PCX
jkhawaii
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkhawaii »

about 5 years? did not have a bike between 2009 and recently. first bike, 2005 Buell XB12S.. yeah first bike, and it was a handful. I dont care much for speed any more. Got a Piaggio Fly 50 early this year (mistake 50cc is to small) have a 2013 PCX 150 now. I'm 35
Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Lecompte »

I am 60+ and the PCX 125 is my very first motorized two wheeler. Grabbed it from a friend who had taken over the notes
from his daughter and it only had about 500 miles on the odometer. Having a great time with it with SAFETY being the key word.
When out riding I try to be aware of what is around me at all times and anticipating what the traffic or "texters" will do.
Hope to take the MSF course at some point as I have read so much on how valuable it is.
Anyway, loving my PCX, but at the same time "admiring" the Forza.

This forum is great!
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

39 years, started on 19th birthday.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Learned to ride in Penang, Malaysia, at the age of 15 on a Honda 70cc step through. Progressed to a Suzuki GT250.

Came to NZ as a student in '77 and had a little Suzuki 50cc 2-stroke to commute to university followed by a Honda Hawk 400. Stopped riding until about 6 years ago when I got back on a Suzuki SV650. Then a BMW R1100S, Honda VFR800 and currently a Ducati 696.

Also had a 50cc Chinese scooter followed be a Honda Dio 110 and now the PCX150 for commuting. 55 years old now and hope to be riding for many more years.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

started about three years ago with a 50cc ruckus(shoulda looked more at the zuma) it was fun but guttless, somebody decided to help me upgrade to an 80 elite. rode that for quite a while now i have an aero 80, helix, elite and now pcx.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Brian

Post by Brian »

First bike was a Honda 50 cub. I was 19. Then a Honda cd175 that was past its best. Work, wife and kids got in the way of any other bikes till now. Just to make up for it I have a Three wheeler Kit car, front wheel drive, with a Moto Guzzi 950 Lemans racing engine, a Honda 50 moped and a new pxc125. I'm 63, retired and smiling all the way to the horizon!
What is the color of wind?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Brian wrote:First bike was a Honda 50 cub. I was 19. Then a Honda cd175 that was past its best. Work, wife and kids got in the way of any other bikes till now. Just to make up for it I have a Three wheeler Kit car, front wheel drive, with a Moto Guzzi 950 Lemans racing engine, a Honda 50 moped and a new pxc125. I'm 63, retired and smiling all the way to the horizon!

Post some pictures of the kit car
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:Post some pictures of the kit car
I'll second that motion!
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

I'll be starting in two day's ... never owned more than a bycicle, never ridden more than 50 cc, I'me 38 y.o. now.

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Just over a month now - started late :)
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

54 years. Started at age 8.
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

I started riding at 16 now 58. Had an assortment of bikes Simpson mofa 1 a 50cc 2 stroke pedal moped. Then a Suzuki TS 125 trail bike went everywhere on that followed the transatlantic bike races with B Sheen and Uk versus Kenny Roberts and USA. Then had a variety of 100 and 50 cc bikes including Yamaha YB 100 my faithful Honda C50 which blew it top end. Repaired at home in the kitchen and ran for several months until failed mot due to corrosion. Then brought a EMZ 150 cheap eastern bloc bike that served me well. Failed the bike test when things got tougher here. Ended round one of my biking with a Honda Vision 50 the early 2 stroke one. Got a car sold the Honda Vision that was about 25 years ago. Brought my PCX 125 about 2 weeks ago generally for commuting but also for that feeling of freedom. In my time I have had gravel scrubbed out of my knee in hospital when I hit a white line in the wet on the Suzuki. And lost a few teeth when I came off the yamaha and landed on the grass verge that chain broke and jammed the back wheel. Now full face helmet and armoured jacket and trousers. PCX is a great machine looked and rode a few bikes before deciding. Just off out for another pleasure ride in the Derbyshire countryside. Enjoy the forum thanks all.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Brian wrote:What is the color of wind?
...Don't know when it's high up, but I know it's blue out the hole...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

oldbiker wrote:I started riding at 16 now 58.
Wow, I hope I am not calling myself old when I hit 58, which is only a couple of years away. ;)
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

Was going to call myself born again biker :lol:
wawctw
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by wawctw »

I have been riding for 50 years
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

Ben Lee wrote:I'll be starting in two day's ... never owned more than a bycicle, never ridden more than 50 cc, I'me 38 y.o. now.

Ben.
ImageImage
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!