New member, here's some pix!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxjojo

Re: New member, here's some pix!

Post by pcxjojo »

Hi Dustoff! Thanks for the post cause I'm wondering about the LED lights for myself. My PCX is black and I'd like to install a strip or two under the frame over the wheels and under the floorboards. Anything other places you'd recommend? Also great job on the seat and cup holder!
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Hey Bangkokbrian47, is that a Welsh Terrier?
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

[quote]Hi Dustoff! Thanks for the post cause I'm wondering about the LED lights for myself. My PCX is black and I'd like to install a strip or two under the frame over the wheels and under the floorboards. Anything other places you'd recommend? Also great job on the seat and cup holder!

Hey thanks a lot! I love my seat! I'm thinking about putting amber LEDs on the vertical area of the front body panel down by the wheel. I have a shop service manual with complete details on those panel removals and I'll need to get inside there to run the wires. Under the floorboards would also be a great place. I have some amber strip lights along the bottom of my truck cab and they look good there. I got my light strips on eBay and was able to cut them to size. I wish now I'd waited for the black PCX --- black looks so good all shined up!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Nice Ride!!!
hawkeyegirl

Question about cup holder mount

Post by hawkeyegirl »

Hi,
Your scoot looks great! I found the cup holder you used at my local boat store. How did you mount yours? Did you screw it into the plastic and secure with nuts? I'd you use epoxy? I'm thinking if trying a 3m adhesive strip. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Re: Question about cup holder mount

Post by Dustoff66 »

hawkeyegirl wrote:Hi,
Your scoot looks great! I found the cup holder you used at my local boat store. How did you mount yours? Did you screw it into the plastic and secure with nuts? I'd you use epoxy? I'm thinking if trying a 3m adhesive strip. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Hi, sorry I took so long to reply -- I was in Florida on some business. Glad you found the cup holder. I attached it with screws into the glove box cover. They aren't so long that they protrude all the way through. I thought about adhesive or Velcro but I was afraid the road vibration would be too much. Also -- I found that i have to put tape over the cup's vent and mouth opening, even with it swiveled closed, as the vibration over a bump makes the coffee splash out. Carry a rag with you for the splashes! :D
hawkeyegirl

Re: Question about cup holder mount

Post by hawkeyegirl »

Thanks for the advice. I tried both the Velcro and 3M strips--epic fail. I will have to drill the jokes but I'm not sure I want to commit to that yet. :-)
quote="Dustoff66"]
hawkeyegirl wrote:Hi,
Thanks!
Hi, sorry I took so long to reply -- I was in Florida on some business. Glad you found the cup holder. I attached it with screws into the glove box cover. They aren't so long that they protrude all the way through. I thought about adhesive or Velcro but I was afraid the road vibration would be too much. Also -- I found that i have to put tape over the cup's vent and mouth opening, even with it swiveled closed, as the vibration over a bump makes the coffee splash out. Carry a rag with you for the splashes! :D[/quote]