Malaysia gets the new Airblade

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pick of Penang

Malaysia gets the new Airblade

Post by Pick of Penang »

Have to say I used to find it a real pain that Thailand tended to have a better range of small scoots than Malaysia (where I split my time when not in Th) where the Wave, EX5 and Spacy and Icon dominated on the Honda front. Previously no PCX or Click. Now however, Malaysia has the PCX and another contender, the new Airblade.

Malaysia got the PCX last year (albeit 30K THB more expensive there thanks to Malaysia import taxes) but much as I like the PCX I'm not 100% sure about the cruiser style riding position (albeit if I was regularly doing any kind of distance riding the PCX would be the number one choice). Being tall with long legs I find I'm often pushed too far back on the PCX's seat for my liking, or at least for where I do the majority of riding, in town in fairly dense traffic. I find I get less body control with the PCX, much as I really like the bike. For dense urban traffic I actually prefer the more upright feel of the Click and I do think the new 125i Click is a great bike for town use and have waited a long time hoping Malaysia would get it. No joy :(

The Click has still not surfaced BUT the new 2013 Airblade has :). Most impressed with the look of that I must say. Plan to go take a look at the showroom when I get back. 125cc, PGM-FI, Idle Stop, Combi Brake, Remote Key Bike Loaction (flashes the headlights and sounds horn when pressed - great for the often massive town centre parking lots where bike parking can make even Phuket's bike parking lots look quiet). I prefer what I see as the more regular underbone style of the Airblade (despite Honda calling the Click and underbone) too, and the twin rear shocks. At RM 7,700 it also doesn't seem vastly different to the price Thailand would get it at given the price of the old Airblade here in LOS before.

I've not seen the new Airblade in Thailand at all, not sure if it's been released and is just scarce (I know they are crazy popular in 'Nam) or if it's not come out. Looks a fine bike though.

Honda Malaysia Airblade page: http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.my/prod...-blade-en.html
Gossamer

Re: Malaysia gets the new Airblade

Post by Gossamer »

I was in Penang in July / August this year and saw all of 1 PCX. Will be there again for Christmas and hoping to pick up some blings for my PCX150. Do you know of any particular motorcycle shop there that might have a good range? I realise there is obviously a much larger range in Thailand where the PCX is more popular but sadly, will only be driving around West Malaysia and not heading into Thailand.
Pick of Penang

Post by Pick of Penang »

Yah, the PCX is pricey for the Malaysia market. Hard to convince folks there to pay the 103k + baht asking price when they know Th gets it for ard 78k, most would opt for other machines, you can get two Nouvos there for the price of one PCX.

Shops wise the selection is limited. I only use Sun Sum Motors (you can google them for details - on a phone at moment) or KL. Sun Sum is Penang's oldest and biggest bike shop. Have lots of stuff. Maybe worth a call first though, or message them on FB (if you use it) to see if they have what you're interested in. They're quite good responding to FB messages, usually within 24 hours.
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Just Googled Sum Sun Motors, sort of know where they are on Irving Road (I grew up in Penang). Will pay them a visit when there at Christmas. Keen on replacing the signal relay with a beeper version and also possibly a taller screen. Thanks for pointing me in their direction. Cheers.
Pick of Penang

Post by Pick of Penang »

Welcome. I'll be back to Pg ard mid Nov and will be at SS couple days after. I'll ask them if they have what you're looking for. I'll ask at Chang Motors on Burmah Rd too.

One thing I find in this part of the world is that smaller websites are a bit naff. 'We sell helmets too' isn't quite what I'm after if I want to see the ranges and, shock / horror, individual models 5555. Still, everywhere has its plus points and slightly naff websites is a small price to pay for the other benefits.