Convenience/bag hook

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dudley

Re: Convenience/bag hook

Post by Dudley »

Thank you for your your kind words!
On the other hand I'm at work and you made me tear up, you bastard.
Lol, just kidding thanks again, I do appreciate it.

And your right, they should have way more accessories available by now.
Ride on!
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

I hope this isn't too much of a hijack;

I have a hook on my Lambretta. It's attached to the very top of the leg shields, underneath the bars so it doesn't interfere in any way.

I'm looking for a smallish bag to hang from it to carry my autocom, battery, pmr radio etc. I've seen some pictures of the Givi tunnel bags and they seem to have a D ring on the end that would be perfect for my hook.

My question is for those who have a Givi bag, do you think that D ring would hold the weight? I would be less than 3kg.

Thanks,
More than two wheels is too many.

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Anfield800 wrote:I'm looking for a smallish bag to hang from it to carry my autocom, battery, pmr radio etc.
Here you go
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

Ha ha, the green one is my favourite but it would definitely clash with my scooter.
More than two wheels is too many.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

gn2 wrote:
Anfield800 wrote:I'm looking for a smallish bag to hang from it to carry my autocom, battery, pmr radio etc.
Here you go

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well played.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

On a more serious note, (me serious? summat wrong there) when googling I found some really fabulous Vespa and Lambretta messenger and laptop bags.
e.g. Linky
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:On a more serious note, (me serious? summat wrong there) when googling I found some really fabulous Vespa and Lambretta messenger and laptop bags.
e.g. Linky

They are seriously G.A.Y
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Kwik tek scooter logic center bag.
Might suit your needs.
My old scoot had the front hook and it was really handy.
Combined with the flat floor I could carry a surprising amount of stuff.
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

I have the Kwik tek scooter logic saddle bags.
They are inexpensive,And according to the advert they will hold 24 12oz cans plus ice.
So far I have only used them for other things but this summer hmmm what would be good cold in a can?..
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:On a more serious note, (me serious? summat wrong there) when googling I found some really fabulous Vespa and Lambretta messenger and laptop bags.
e.g. Linky

They are seriously G.A.Y
G.A.Y.? In this case, I choose to interpret that as GN2's Awesome (insert synonym for bag that starts with Y). That bag is sweet.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

I'm using the RAM handlebar mounts without the GPS or mobile phone brackets. Works great and can handle a run to the local market or convenience store. I've also used them to hang a camera bag.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:
you you wrote:
e.g. Linky

They are seriously G.A.Y
G.A.Y.? In this case, I choose to interpret that as GN2's Awesome (insert synonym for bag that starts with Y). That bag is sweet.
No I meant they look like what some people call fagbags.

Not me of course
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

HawaiiJ, that's a cool idea! Hope the mounts hold fast to the bars and that both sides are balanced in weight when carrying goods. When "I" get to shopping I get carried away o_O TROUBLE.
I wish I could remember a post I saw from a member on "the other" forum awhile back. I believe the poster said that Honda placed a threaded hole behind the panel just under the center of the handlebars (the colored panel) for future accessory use. Some drilling to panel required. Then a photo of a hook was shown mounted there. Perfect spot I thought. Anyone remember that post?? Maybe the Shop Manual would show that?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fl3x

Post by fl3x »

Hello,

I just bought a PCX... 125 PCX...

Do you think one of these 2 models of hook could fit please?
Should I precise I know nothing in DIY... but I live in Thailand where they know everything :-) I could order and ask them to install... if it is possible...!
Thank you for your opinion...!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi ... 91849.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcyc ... 55775.html

Thank you !

(attached image is just #1... please see links above...!)
Attachments
#1 hook (please look more photos at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-new-universal-Motorcycle-modification-parts-accessories-Aluminum-Alloy-Carry-Adorn-Decorate-Hanger-Hook/1230291849.html )<br /><br />Please look at #2 on http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Single-hole-Hook-Modified-Aluminum-Color-Free-Shipping/1089955775.html
#1 hook (please look more photos at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-new-universal-Motorcycle-modification-parts-accessories-Aluminum-Alloy-Carry-Adorn-Decorate-Hanger-Hook/1230291849.html )

Please look at #2 on http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Single-hole-Hook-Modified-Aluminum-Color-Free-Shipping/1089955775.html
hookpcx.JPG (19.45 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I have a similar hook to the one you have displayed and the problem I have found is that when I lift the seat there is a risk that hook will cut into it. As well, I don't know how the one in your picture mounts. The hook part on mine looks the same but the mount is different. Mine clamps around the handle bar.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(