One year ago......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

One year ago......

Post by scisor34 »

A year ago this week I purchased a 2013 PCX150 and could not be happier with my purchase. In said past year I've put over 14,000 trouble free miles. Besides initial oil change at 600mi and about every 3,000 since, I haven't done any maintenance what so ever. I plan on changing the spark plug, air filter, front brake pads, and drive belt (top speed down to 64 from 69) in the next week or so. The only mods I've done are City Grip tires and Givi windshield. I live in an extremely flat region with absolutely no hills and have averaged 100-106mpg. Just curious how many miles everyone else has on their PCX and any interesting stories they have.
image (2).jpeg
image (2).jpeg (256 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Re: One year ago......

Post by strkngfang »

My wife & I are PCX newbies, just got them Jun 29th & loving them. My wife's 150 has 1, 300 miles with only the 600 mi service. Hers still will only reach 65 mph & gets around 104 mpg.
My 125, has 2, 300 miles, also with only the 600 mi service. Mine will rocket all the way to the 62 mph limiter & I'm getting around 112 mpg, they're both on fuelly.
We have no complaints with either bike & they both do what is expected of them. Honestly, if the Forza would have been out last year, when I got my Silverwing, I would probably have one & not the PCX, but have no intention of trading now. The PCX fits my size & needs perfectly!!!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

PCX 150, new late October 2012, 5939 miles so far.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

150, bought Aug 7, 2013. Has 870 miles on it and the 600 mile service is on Wed. Oops!
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

PCX 150, August 2013, 1200 miles so far.
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

Not yet a year, purchase February 2013, Givi WS and Givi E16 top box....using daily for work and shopping.
Installing Sygic GPS on Motorola Defy + Cap Dase bracket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzUJciJQBSU
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Forza 300A, had it five days, done 202 miles.
Filled it this morning, took 9.3 litres after 156 miles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

gn2-
Thanks for that. That is perfectly inline with what I am getting mpg-wise as well, so now don't feel so bad. From what others were saying, I thought my bike was having a mileage problem, though it runs perfectly fine; nice to hear a range of performance.
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

Wish I could ride all year. I loose about 4 months due to too cold, snow, ice conditions.

I have a 2011 I bought in March 2012. I have exactly 9122 miles on it now with OEM everything except for spark plug.

I'm hoping to reach 10,000 miles before winter storage. Doing a full overhaul, new drive belt, new fork oil, switching to Honda blue coolant, putting on Michelin City Grips front and rear, new front brake pads (may replace rotor, depends on condition, and cost.)
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

I have had my 150 not even 2 months yet, and drive it pretty much daily to work. I am at the 600 mile mark, and just realized the other day my front tire was a little low on air. I drive a 55mph commute with many hills, and I weigh 195 plus gear. I was getting 74mpg. I will see if the tire pressure improves it any. Also, got to set up the 600 mile service, but was quoted $300 by the dealership (ouch!)
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

scisor34 wrote:A year ago this week I purchased a 2013 PCX150 and could not be happier with my purchase. In said past year I've put over 14,000 trouble free miles.
Way to go! I thought i had the highest mileage 150 on the forum at 9800 miles, bought in Aug. 2012. I'm glad somebody has enjoyed it as much as i have! My mpg isn't nearly as good though.
Rhodgie

Post by Rhodgie »

Wife has had her 125 for a year now (16th Sept 2012) and has done 94 miles..... 1st service is booked for next Saturday but tomorrow she is going for a refresher lesson as hasn't been on it for months due to work, weather, family commitments getting in the road
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

I'm having a blast on my PCX. so well balanced and fits me just right! bought it in April with 77 miles on it and now, 5 months later, has 1477 miles on it. good to see the high miles on other PCX's with no issues. I really like this forum for this reason, lots of good info!
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

At the end of one year, Oct 2012 to Oct 2013, I have 6744 miles on my PCX 150.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Bought mine mid July. I wanted to wait until I took the MSF course to drive it. I broke my foot but finally got to ride it in September. I put 400 miles on it and it ended up in the shop. They couldn't find anything wrong, so I picked it up and put another 100 miles on it before I had to take it back to the shop. I'm hoping I find out tomorrow what the problem is. So right now it has only about 550 miles on it. The dealership recommended doing the oil change between 600 to 1000 miles. Soon I will have to put it in storage because I'm in the same boat as OriginalRocket. It's starting to get pretty chilly around Chicago .
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

katschamne wrote:Bought mine mid July. I wanted to wait until I took the MSF course to drive it. I broke my foot but finally got to ride it in September. I put 400 miles on it and it ended up in the shop. They couldn't find anything wrong, so I picked it up and put another 100 miles on it before I had to take it back to the shop. I'm hoping I find out tomorrow what the problem is. So right now it has only about 550 miles on it. The dealership recommended doing the oil change between 600 to 1000 miles. Soon I will have to put it in storage because I'm in the same boat as OriginalRocket. It's starting to get pretty chilly around Chicago .
I live pretty close to Chicago and I ride all year as long as the roads are fairly free of snow and ice. Just get yourself some warm clothes and good gloves and you can ride all year! Although it does help to have a bike that doesn't spend a lot of time in the shop. I sure hope they can figure out what's wrong with your bike and fix it for you.
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

I got my PCX 150 in August of this year 2013, and have 1791 on my odometer this morning. It had 5 miles on it when I bought it. Only service has been its initial. No problems thus far. I just wished my mpg was better (ranging from 71-75).
scootdude

Post by scootdude »

Got my black PCX 150 3 weeks ago, and I'm at about 290 miles. Absolutely love it! I'm 5-9 and about 165 with a 31-inch inseam, and she fits really well. Thinking about de-humping the seat, but the more I ride, the less I mind it. As soon as the little lady gets a helmet, we'll see how comfy we are 2-up and go from there.
andy

Post by andy »

got pcx dec 7th brand new now 10th jan 570 miles just doing the work run
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We got ours in August of 2012. They had to build it right out of the crate. We now have right at 7,000 miles on it. We are old so we don't ride in bad weather. We have put all sorts of mods on the bike. We go out as a team. I ride my Burgman 400 and she rides the PCX 150. Since 90% of our riding is on back roads, she has absolutely no problem keeping up with me. Even when we get on the freeway she keeps right up. Granted, we do the speed limit, which is most of the time at 55 or 60. When it is a 70 mph zone she still hits around 67, which is where the majority of the traffic is. So, all in all, she loves her PCX. I can name some things about it that we don't like, but I could say that about any bike. Mostly I am impressed. It isn't like any 150 cc scooter or motorcycle I have ever owned. It is a small wonder.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers