Simple seat mod worth trying!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Simple seat mod worth trying!

Post by Shoe »

Friday I had to make a 100 mile round trip back to the house from Camp. Mostly on our F-up freeway roads. When I got back my ass was sore for 2 days. o_O

Yesterday I removed the hump and took a short ride. Seemed better, but I notice it's more the slope of the seat than the hump (at least for my 5'7" short ass). That downward slope toward the front makes me slide forward.

After a quick look at the underside of the seat revealed an oval shape hole at the front hump. I took a folded wash cloth and shoe-horned it in sideways and raised the front about 1/2-3/4".

What a difference! It created somewhat of a cradle. I'm going to shape a wedge out of some cushion crepe and sneak it in there for something permanent.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Simple seat mod worth trying!

Post by Pcxdemon »

Shoe wrote:Friday I had to make a 100 mile round trip back to the house from Camp. Mostly on our F-up freeway roads. When I got back my ass was sore for 2 days. o_O

Yesterday I removed the hump and took a short ride. Seemed better, but I notice it's more the slope of the seat than the hump (at least for my 5'7" short ass). That downward slope toward the front makes me slide forward.

After a quick look at the underside of the seat revealed an oval shape hole at the front hump. I took a folded wash cloth and shoe-horned it in sideways and raised the front about 1/2-3/4".

What a difference! It created somewhat of a cradle. I'm going to shape a wedge out of some cushion crepe and sneak it in there for something permanent.
I tried it today,i had few small timber wedges lying around so i used one in there..Its pretty cool,i like it! Cheers for an idea..:)