Got it!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Got it!

Post by dustin91 »

Ain't he/she/it a beaut?

Getting it home was a little nerve-wracking, needing to hit 55-60 mph right out of the dealer's lot, but a quarter mile up was my turn, and from there on it was smooth sailing. Already 30 miles on it, and I only rode 12 for my safety course! It handles like a dream, I love not worrying about a clutch and shifting, and the brakes are really easy to operate. I had the dealer install a RAM mount right in the center, to hold my phone or a GPS, and they put in a power hub with 2 USB ports. Unfortunately, my full-face helmet doesn't fit under the seat, but my 3/4 will.

One question, how have you all found the "parking" brake? I engaged it and rolled the bike a little to test it, and it felt like it wasn't even on. Any comments?

I'm in love!

- dustin
Attachments
IMG_3979.JPEG
IMG_3979.JPEG (309.42 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Got it!

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Sweet! :) ;)
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

We don't have the park brake in Europe but have start-stop. Seems like a fair swap.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

dustin91 wrote:Ain't he/she/it a beaut?

Getting it home was a little nerve-wracking, needing to hit 55-60 mph right out of the dealer's lot, but a quarter mile up was my turn, and from there on it was smooth sailing. Already 30 miles on it, and I only rode 12 for my safety course! It handles like a dream, I love not worrying about a clutch and shifting, and the brakes are really easy to operate. I had the dealer install a RAM mount right in the center, to hold my phone or a GPS, and they put in a power hub with 2 USB ports. Unfortunately, my full-face helmet doesn't fit under the seat, but my 3/4 will.

One question, how have you all found the "parking" brake? I engaged it and rolled the bike a little to test it, and it felt like it wasn't even on. Any comments?

I'm in love!

- dustin
Good going on the first "real" ride, and congratulations!

Had the same issue with the parking brake as you. Was going to ask the dealer on the next visit. Not a big deal to me as I've never had a bike with a parking brake and never needed one (knock on wood!).

Best,
Bash On!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

8) Proud Papa :lol:

parking brake is blah, one of the first things I removed from my PCX.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Top tip:
Never sit on it while its on the stand.
Other tips:
Always take it off the stand before getting on.
Never start the engine before you are sat on it.
Learn how to park properly so you won't ever need the parking brake.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Good tips, thanks GN2!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

dustin91 wrote:Good tips, thanks GN2!
The reason for not sitting on the bike while it is on the center stand is that the stand is directly mounted to the motor casting and has been know to crack ... that is never a good thing. I saw your post on FB and was going to message you the same comment but saw it here.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Thanks as well! The dealer hadn't mentioned that, but fortunately it was maybe one of only two or three times I did that, probably only two, so that won't happen again. Much as I love the red color though, I'm jealous of the color choices you have in Thailand... and your food! :D
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Congrats. I have you posted on my PCX fan page on FB. Keep smiling & riding.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Pseudo-Fed

Post by Pseudo-Fed »

Can we get a closeup pic of the Ram mount and other add? Thanks!
Jeff
"Fast is fine, but Accuracy is Final"--Wyatt Earp
http:\\www.idpa.com

2013 Yamaha FJR--"Shelly"
2013 Honda PCX150--"Blossom"
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

CONGRATS on Your New PCX.....!!!!!.....Parking Brake never worked on our PCX125s...I tried to fix/adjust them, but if They worked, rear brake was dragging....They work perfect on our PCX125s.....Cables/Adjusters are different than our 125s..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Pseudo, yes... I'll be sure to post the USB and mount later today, in the Accessories forum, and link to it here. Just had too much fun riding it yesterday to bother with a pic!
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Congrats Dustin. Looks like you might suffer my problem and keep going out to look at it. ;) ;) ;) Some great advice here for you so make sure you learn as much as you can about your scoot, riding, safety and maintenance.

Happy days. :) :D :)
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Pedro, you have know idea who I am, but yet you know me so well! Last night I spent a few minutes in the garage beaming over it. I haven't worked up a system to allow me to commute to work (need to get a new computer at the office for that, so I'm not carting my laptop with me in a backpack), and all I'm looking at out the window is a perfectly overcast day, thinking I could totally be riding home on it today. Assuming the weather stays dry, I'll be back on it later today – I plan on just riding around a good 30-60 minutes a day to really develop the muscle memory... even to remember to turn off the dang blinker!
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

skuuter wrote:CONGRATS on Your New PCX.....!!!!!.....Parking Brake never worked on our PCX125s...I tried to fix/adjust them, but if They worked, rear brake was dragging....They work perfect on our PCX125s.....Cables/Adjusters are different than our 125s..... 8)

Think you mean PCX150 in one (or more) of those places, but don't know which one(s).
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Hey Dustin, she is a beaut! I keep thinking I get over the "I'm taking her out for a ride" syndrome, but it's just so much fun. Congrats!
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Forgot my comment on the p-brake. I had the same issue but I found that I needed to really pull hard on the rear break to get it to set and release. It works great when you get it set.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Thanks Guy, maybe that's what I need to do. Seems odd that the manual would say to always be sure to use it, when it doesn't seem to work for most who've tried, but I'll try harder again. I just suited up for some practice riding and it started thundering and raining. Not going out in that!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Here's the link to the accessories I had installed: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1472