weather in Britain

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

weather in Britain

Post by Taz »

what's going on with the British weather? This article says its going to be wet and raining for another 10 years! I knew there was a reason I left 25 years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/1 ... ummer-rain
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: weather in Britain

Post by you you »

Taz wrote:what's going on with the British weather? This article says its going to be wet and raining for another 10 years! I knew there was a reason I left 25 years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/1 ... ummer-rain
We laugh at another 10 years :)

Great BBQ today

Sometimes things in the papers might not be completely true. You might not have noticed?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

That's just disinformation to try and keep Australians away! :lol:
Annual rainfall where I live is lower than in parts of Morocco.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:That's just disinformation to try and keep Australians away! :lol:
Annual rainfall where I live is lower than in parts of Morocco.

Is that because it doesn't rain in your bedroom?
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

The weather in my native Finland must be even worse. The biggest difference must be that -- in Britain -- the beer is good, which I cannot say about the thing they consume and call 'beer' in Finland. And it is raining here in Thailand as well -- the rainy season, you know.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Yep, most English and Irish Beer (and Guinness) is fantastic. We export our worst beer (Fosters) and worst wine (such as Jacobs Creek) to the UK and they still drink it though! When I visit UK Im drinking English real ale there and my mates who live there drink Fosters. Cant work it out!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Taz wrote:We export our worst beer (Fosters) to the UK
All Fosters sold in the UK is brewed here.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

You've just opened the can of worms talking about weather :| .

Yesterday, at night, we had 12 miserable degrees (Celsius) where I live. I was out walking my two Yorkshire Terriers and I was COLD. In bloody June :x .

We had the rainiest winter I can recall. In fact, we had the rainiest winter since there are records (which takes us 70 years back), and right now, for every sunny day with decent temperatures (21º C out there right now, and sunny) we get three or four of lower-than-should-be temperatures and... rain (expected to arrive tomorrow).

The north of Spain is known for being a bit different than the rest of the country. It's greener, it's more humid, it's got more mountains, a Celt background and rains much more than in the rest of the country. Too bad if you live here and can't bear bad weather, and I'm able to cope with it, but there are limits. Can't wait to get my holidays and head south. Enough is enough.

This said... during the four times I have been in Aussie soil, I can confirm that Foster's is not the most popular one over there, although I found VB (Victoria Bitter) to be worse than Foster's. Can't talk about English beers since I haven't been (shame on me) in the UK outside of Heathrow airport...

By the way, Taz, your local Cascade stuff is pretty decent ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:You've just opened the can of worms talking about weather :| .

Yesterday, at night, we had 12 miserable degrees (Celsius) where I live. I was out walking my two Yorkshire Terriers and I was COLD. In bloody June :x .

We had the rainiest winter I can recall. In fact, we had the rainiest winter since there are records (which takes us 70 years back), and right now, for every sunny day with decent temperatures (21º C out there right now, and sunny) we get three or four of lower-than-should-be temperatures and... rain (expected to arrive tomorrow).

The north of Spain is known for being a bit different than the rest of the country. It's greener, it's more humid, it's got more mountains, a Celt background and rains much more than in the rest of the country. Too bad if you live here and can't bear bad weather, and I'm able to cope with it, but there are limits. Can't wait to get my holidays and head south. Enough is enough.

This said... during the four times I have been in Aussie soil, I can confirm that Foster's is not the most popular one over there, although I found VB (Victoria Bitter) to be worse than Foster's. Can't talk about English beers since I haven't been (shame on me) in the UK outside of Heathrow airport...

By the way, Taz, your local Cascade stuff is pretty decent ;) .
It's sunny in Yorkshire at the mo :

All beer is better than toilet duck I say.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

I don't know if that helps, YY :lol: ... But now I can understand why so many people from the north of Europe head south for retirement :lol: . I love it over here and prefer it over the south for a good number of reasons, but too much rain is too much rain. Guess I need to dry out some ;) .
siplumb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by siplumb »

Up here in the NW of England we've had about 10 days of good weather in a row.. People are actually starting to use the term "heatwave"....I refer to think of it as "not raining" which is just as rare... But since getting my pcx125 Jan last year this has been the best run of riding weather we've had and it's been fabulous. It makes me very jealous of you people living in warmer climes who call this "normal" !
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its too hot here, I fucking hate summery weather.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

It was 20 ° C here yesterday and its supposed to be mid winter in the coldest part of Oz. Hands were getting sweaty under the winter thinsulate gloves.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Around 23-25 in the north of Spain. Couldn't be happier and it hasn't rained for the last two weeks. Can't believe it.

Sometimes I feel like moving south to a warmer place, but I like it too much over here. Only thing I don't like that much is... the weather. But it's nice in the summer. When everyone else is roasting their asses we have a lovely temperature, and it doesn't get too cold during winter. It's just that bloody and too frequent rain.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

I saw a commercial for Guiness Black Lager, at least I think it was lager, I may be wrong about that. Guiness has always been one of my favorites. Boddingtons as well though I don't know if that's considered a good beer where it's brewed.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Around 23-25 in the north of Spain. Couldn't be happier and it hasn't rained for the last two weeks. Can't believe it.

Sometimes I feel like moving south to a warmer place, but I like it too much over here. Only thing I don't like that much is... the weather. But it's nice in the summer. When everyone else is roasting their asses we have a lovely temperature, and it doesn't get too cold during winter. It's just that bloody and too frequent rain.

The wine is cheaper yer misery. Isn't that enough....