Alleykat's PCX - Houston,TX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Alleykat's PCX - Houston,TX

Post by alleykat »

Anyways here is my mockup pic.

But that is with the 12" and i think i can fit a 14x7 on there.I'd just hate to be off by MM and be stuck with an expensive wall ornament consisting of wheel/tire combo.Have to make it fit without modifying the oil filler neck.Once its settled i'll move onto the matching front setup or prob the engine mount cause the wheel will have to be centered by means of offsetting the engine to the left.
2011 Honda PCX: Yoshi pipe,powdercoated wheels,Bride seat,RDR coilover suspension
My Site: www.akgarageworks.com
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

alleykat wrote:My fee's are nothing compared to other companies in California where prices start at $12,000 and up for a full build.
Wait.... so you guys are in California? or Texas?

Also... looking sick! Cant wait to see more!
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

EddieC wrote:
alleykat wrote:My fee's are nothing compared to other companies in California where prices start at $12,000 and up for a full build.
Wait.... so you guys are in California? or Texas?

Also... looking sick! Cant wait to see more!
Im in Texas.

The center hub hit the mail already to get machined.When he clarifies with me that I can use a certain bolt pattern then I will order the wheel.Decided to stick with the Advan a048 tire but on a 12x8 which is wider than the one in the pic above.As for the engine mount I came up with an idea already on placement.Stretch should be about 9 inches more back than its current bolting location now.Im guessing the wiring for throttle body prob wont reach but I dont have a prob extending it,nothing new.
2011 Honda PCX: Yoshi pipe,powdercoated wheels,Bride seat,RDR coilover suspension
PT63

Post by PT63 »

I like seeing other peoples experiments ( not brave enough to do my own ), please keep the info and pictures comming. Good luck :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

That last pic you posted looks sweet. I wish there was a way to remove a swingarm and just run with one on the PCX. That would look so wicked...
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

Maddie i already ditched the right side one that supports the stock exhaust.It will be running like the pic above,single sided swingarm is the shiz.I sent out the center hub and a 12x7 wheel to the machinist.Im so so soooo eager to have it back.

Should I concentrate on the engine mount now or the front wheel?

When I bolt on the rear wheel its gonna be off centered until we finish the new engine mount.Guess I should prob start finalizing my design on that.

Lets hope I get my parts back sometime next week.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

alleykat wrote:single sided swingarm is the shiz.
Not sure what "the shiz" means, but the bracket on the non-drive side is there to support more than just the exhaust pipe.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

I like seeing what crazy designs people come up with. Most of the ideas are not for me but every now and then I see something that is really brilliant that I would like to have on my ride if I wasn't so tight with my money. For example, I really love the white powder coated rims, but I know I would never spend the money on them.
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

gn2 wrote:Not sure what "the shiz" means, but the bracket on the non-drive side is there to support more than just the exhaust pipe.
Not worried about it.I've ditched it on 1000 chinese engine setups and they have survived even with their cheesy quality.One thing im prob gonna change too is adding a "u" shaped wishbone support and have a single shock in the center.
AustinPCX wrote:I like seeing what crazy designs people come up with. Most of the ideas are not for me but every now and then I see something that is really brilliant that I would like to have on my ride if I wasn't so tight with my money. For example, I really love the white powder coated rims, but I know I would never spend the money on them.
If you were in Houston i would do your wheels for $100.I hear people getting quoted double or more elsewhere! :lol:
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

[/quote]
If you were in Houston i would do your wheels for $100.I hear people getting quoted double or more elsewhere! :lol:[/quote]

Awesome, Road Trip!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

$100? Mind if I ship mine to you? :lol:

I'd drive out, but I think the gas would cost more than shipping for that distance.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

Maddie i'll be posting in the "vendor" section soon.

UPDATE!

Now it needs to be drilled & threaded for the correct bolt pattern im gonna use.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Looks nice lathed smooth. Looking forward to the next update. :D
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

maddiedog wrote:Looks nice lathed smooth. Looking forward to the next update. :D
Everything turned out great on the lathing.

One thing that was a big risk was the top side since its tapered and I needed it flat.After measuring the thickness everything checked out.This process has been done 1000x on chinese scooter wheels before aftermarket hubs were available.Enkei built the PCX wheel pretty dam nice.Boy it would have sucked if the lathing process wouldn't have been do-able due to the topside being too thin. :lol:
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

This is going to be an EPIC build once you finally finish it. :D :D
How's the exhaust going to be routed? Are you wrapping it up past the seat and out below the rear light or some other way?? Enquiring minds wish (and are begging) to know. ;)
it tastes like...Eagle!
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

rich666 wrote:This is going to be an EPIC build once you finally finish it. :D :D
How's the exhaust going to be routed? Are you wrapping it up past the seat and out below the rear light or some other way?? Enquiring minds wish (and are begging) to know. ;)
The exhaust will have to wait for now until the engine is lined up.Once thats done then we will be able to see what all will be possible.I would like to do an undertail pipe like on the CBR600 but I might put this scoot on air suspension so the pipe will have to be in a normal spot so the tire can tuck as much as possible.

We finished unbolting the engine and HOLY BALLS honda's are -NOT- meant to come apart! It was a major pain in the ass.There is 2 plugs from the engine that go wayyyy to the front of the bike.One of them is plugged into the ECU and it does not undo easy.To save a lot of squeezing in you basically need to tear apart all the panels.Maybe we should start a thread on removing the panels in order.Right now im not sure myself what that order is but the motor is out!!! The new wheel hub will be here around mid week hopefully.I sent the wheel with it to make sure it was gonna be perfect fit.The tire I have waiting here already.

I will take pics in the daytime when I move it out.I have the dam thing in my living room. :lol:
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

I need to see what the hell are the mounting points for the rear fender assembly so I can remove it.My tire is supposed to sit halfway pass the frame ends.Here is a quick mockup but obviously not at the correct stretch length.

Lighting is all off but eh.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, that thing is huge! If I remember correctly, the rear fender removes from the top side, it's easiest to remove the seat, underseat bin, then rear headlight / side panels, then (finally) you can remove the undertray.
alleykat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by alleykat »

maddiedog wrote:Wow, that thing is huge! If I remember correctly, the rear fender removes from the top side, it's easiest to remove the seat, underseat bin, then rear headlight / side panels, then (finally) you can remove the undertray.
I was looking for screws but turned out to be 3 bolts holding it on.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

I was reading this really old thread and was wondering how did this PCX turn out? ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125