Honda OEM windshield

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

8milimeter
Year: 2013
Color: black

Honda OEM windshield

Post by 8milimeter »

Purchased a 2013 PCX150 a couple weeks ago.
Really wanted a windshield and decided to get the expensive factory type.
I really liked the appearance of the OEM over the available aftermarket.

mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda OEM windshield

Post by mymitzi »

Pretty is as pretty does...........The oem looks good...............but..............not very effective.......... some prefer it that way. Enjoy your new scoot.
dankly1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2019
Color: Silver

Post by dankly1 »

I just swapped the stock screen back onto my 2019 this weekend. Had to put it in summer mode because I get pretty hot behind the tall screen when it gets up to 80 F. This is what the tall looks like installed:
Snow 2.jpg
Snow 2.jpg (73.65 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
It's not very attractive but really helps me stay warm.

Cheers
Dankly
Attachments
Snow 1.jpg
Snow 1.jpg (92.63 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
2019 PCX150
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
1983 Suzuki FA50
Iron Butt Association #80052
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

thats not a windshield...thats a spinnaker sail !! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mymitzi »

First year I got my PCX, bought the taller Honda windshield. Much shorter than Dnakly1 's extra tall shield. Removed it for the warm weather
and re-installed the stock "gauge" shield : ) [maybe for a month] Never used it again. The medium height windscreen turned out to be a
good compromise........., Does a good job all year ............warmer in the winter, with handle bar muffs..........decent ventilation in the summer.
comecamino
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Post by comecamino »

Hands down, the best windshield on the aftermarket is made by GIVI. I thought about using the OEM over the summer but I always regret it at the last minute

https://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle/produ ... reen/d322s
vagent
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by vagent »

@danklly1 in Boise
What is the make/model of your windshield? I have a 2019 also. Live in Hampton VA and want something to shield the wind blast at 55 mph. 5' 10" tall, 180 lbs. I can't decide between the Tall and Extra Tall National Cycle product and can't find any other windshield for the 2019 (can't find a Givi). Do you have the National Cycle "Tall". And I can't determine just how high the windshield will be by their measurement technique--any suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Chip1wa
Year: 2022
Color: White

Post by Chip1wa »

What do those larger windscreens do to the top speed? I've been debating on getting a taller screen for my '21 PCX but I sure like the low profile slipperly look as it is delivered from the factory.

I run a larger aftermarket windscreen on a dual sport bike and it helps make riding at speed a bit quieter with much less turbulence.
MTP
Year: 2024
Color: Red

Post by MTP »

I have the 2024 Honda ADV160. The design has changed from the 2023 and earlier, so not much available for OEM accessories yet. This model has an adjustable windscreen, but still very low profile even in the upper position, and I was getting blown around like crazy at speed over about 45.

I ordered a cheapo generic windscreen that attaches to the handlebar (Amazon). It was a bit hard to get it to stay in place and not rotate back when the wind hits it, event with cranking it down super tight, so I used some locktite and that seems to have done the trick. It makes all the difference with stability at higher speeds. I can easily go 55+ and not feel like I'm going to get blown over with a gust of wind or passing trucks.

Since I don't love how I needed to fiddle with it to get it to stay in place and that doesn't feel very reliable, I'm thinking about trying the kind of windshield that attaches to the mirror stems. Maybe that would be more stable, not sure. But I wish there was an OEM version from Honda that would be higher than the original one it comes with. The original design is kind of a weird design due to the adjustability. It seems more like a front end cover than a windhield.

This and the high seat height are the 2 things I don't love about this scooter. Otherwise, I love the engine power.
Emax22
Year: 2022

Post by Emax22 »

MTP wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:03 am I have the 2024 Honda ADV160. The design has changed from the 2023 and earlier, so not much available for OEM accessories yet. This model has an adjustable windscreen, but still very low profile even in the upper position, and I was getting blown around like crazy at speed over about 45.
I just did a quick search for adv 160 windshield and found 2. Check out this site https://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=14707&p.c=1109&p.sk=1
Their are more here as well https://www.aliexpress.us/w/wholesale-H ... l.search.0
MTP
Year: 2024
Color: Red

Post by MTP »

Thanks for sending! However, these are either the same as what came with the bike (too low due to weird attachments t that's more horizontal on this 2024), or designed for the 2023, which is different than the 2024. I'm also not crazy about buying from out of the country (I'm in the US) especially when fit might be an issue and costly to ship or return. I should know better than to buy the first year when the design changes... They're still working out the kinks I guess. But hopefully there will be some after market accessories coming once this new model has been around for a while. In the meantime, my generic bigger windshield attached to the handlebars is doing fine. A little ugly, but functional.
Mprime
Year: 2021

Post by Mprime »

I've been pretty happy with the Puig I ordered from Revzilla. I even bought the upper deflector, too. It's nice not having any buffeting on the freeway.
waveryd
Year: 2021

Post by waveryd »

Happy with my Puig also. I am a little taller so the Puig for me has great coverage from the neck down. The taller National Cycle shields probably have better coverage but I like the look of the Puig better so it was a compromise.