First Ride of the season

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

First Ride of the season

Post by davenowherejones »

so Today was my first ride of 2024

I need stronger ass muscles and stronger stomach muscles
TheCANADIAN 2014 Honda FORZA 300 CONTINUES ON AT 186806 KM. I went to POPKUM FOR COFFEE at TIM HORTONS the bagel was lunch. I then went to Yale, BC. The Barry Trading Post recently closed after 98 years. Sad

I can no longer put my scooter on the centre stand. I am not sure if it me (too many injuries or the bike. I may take the centre stand off and re-grease it.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: First Ride of the season

too much brain damage,
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went Chilliwack to look at motorcycles. I had a late lunch at Burger King. The small coffee was a nuisance. Due to medical problems I was not able to reach my toilet in time. I had to do some unexpected laundry. I looked at my scooter and decided a bucket of soapy water was needed before I put it away.

I had too many layers of clothing on to go pee. Hurry up summer
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I waited for the rain to go away this morning and the temps to go up. I put on my 5 or 6 layers and finally got on the Forza.

I still cannot get it up on the centerstand. I will take the centerstand apart and grease it, I might be a bit bent also, a big hammer might fix it.

My riding is not very good right now. The last Stroke has really made me older in a hurry. Almost 65 and it feels like it. I think a lot of practice riding may improve me. I am hitting every single pothole and we have a great many. My rear Shocks are leaking. My bank account is not good enough to buy new YSS replacement shocks about $500 Canadian

I entered one of the Fraser Canyon Tunnels and most of the lights were off. I had no idea where the centreline was. The Forza headlights were useless. I was in bright sunlight and then the dark tunnel Eventually my eyes adjusted but that was scary and dangerous. They are still building bridges over the huge washout from a few years ago. They have an obstacle course of cones. Where am I supposed to go???

I checked if the burnt out Jade East restaurant was being rebuilt, no, I doubt if it ever will. Not enough traffic anymore to spend big money for cheap low profit Chinese Food. I took a ride through the former village of Lytton. Nobody is rebuilding after the fire that destroyed the whole village. The only new structure is a nice office trailer for the RCMP.

I had major problems with zippers again. Some of it is due to all the brain damage a few years ago. Too many zippers. I do not have fine motor control of my fingers. My Olympia riding suit also has worn out zippers after 120,000 miles. I also can't pee straight. I sit down at home. The rest area seats were not too inviting but actually fairly clean.

My Forza seems to be using a lot of gas so I bought some in Lytton just because I did't want to deal with running out. I probably had enough but why risk it.

My lottery tickets were useless today. Maybe next time. And I have half a university degree in Statistics. waste of money.

I am diabetic so my doctor wants me to have an eye exam tomorrow. I hate them. I hate the dilation drops. I take a long time to dilate. One doctor said that redheaded people like me are slow. Half my red hairs are grey so I should be getting faster.

Because of the dilation I need someone to drive me home.A local charity is taking me tomorrow and because I am now mentally disabled I get it for free. I gotta pee, more later

I get easily confused. I should go to bed
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by airhead83 »

I'm smiling all the way through this write-up... at your expense of course. I hope you take my saying so as good natured.
Aches, pains, gray hair, lack of dexterity, and all the rest sound familiar to me at age 70 years. No reason for brain damage that I know of, but my wife and children would probably argue that.
Thanks again for sharing. And I hope you take this response in the good humor it's meant to be. 😁
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I like your response but in Canada it is humour for some strange reason.. USA English, Canada English and UK English all combined with Apple Autocorrect.. No wonder I can't pee straight. Carry on and keep calm.
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by airhead83 »

We've somehow lost proper translation of the Queen/King's English along the way.
With our poor quality of public education and children who, just like their parents, are by nature dumb as rocks...
It's just easier to abbreviate and keep things short and simple.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I was declared legally blind yesterday because I failed a visual field test. The first thing they did was take away my strong glasses and asked me if I could see the small blinking light. Last time I complained and I redid the test with my glasses ON. No problems

Bunch of twits, I think the receptionist did the test. I expect 6 police cars to show up at my door in the near future like when they seized my 10 pound poodle to kill it. Everyone wanted the overtime.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went riding yesterday to Popkum Tim Hortons. I saw the RCMP red and blue flashing lights so I made a quick right off the highway.

The donut was good but the coffee meant I needed a bathroom break before I went home.

Theoretically it was warm enough to ride but the east winds off the snow covered mountains had quite the windchill.

I cut my ride short and went home to cook bacon, I don't know how to cook bacon but it was OK

today I will go for a 2km walk instead to check my lottery ticket
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

not a winner
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am now carrying something highly illegal in Canada when I go to McDonalds. I now have a heavy duty plastic knife and fork, also a plastic spoon. They are not disposable so the RCMP can't touch me. I could not eat my McRib with the wooden utensils.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am going to be a real rebel and put a 8 inch plastic straw in with my fork &spoon
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

there is a hole in the crotch of my rain pants. I patched it up with Black Gorilla Tape. I used to have hot pink Gorilla tape but I used it all up, pity.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I tried to get my Forza 300 up on its centerstand. I used to be able to do it. I still don't know if it is broken or if my many disabilities have worsened. Some warm ? sunny day I will take it apart. Being 65 is not all fun and games. I want to get it up to inspect my Avon 60 series rear tire for wear. I was hitting the rev limiter on the highway again. The 70 series tire does not let me hit the rev limiter on the flat. 9000 rpm is too much anyway for a little 250cc engine I will not try anymore 60 series tires. I think I want a Heidenau 150/70-13 for my next rear tire if it is available. I should order one now just to be ready.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I just ordered one from Fortnine.ca out of Montreal Canada. Free shipping but 3 different taxes, GST,PST, environmental (tire)

It takes a while for the post office to move the tire right across most of Canada

I have a lot of medical problems, I hope I live long enough to use the tire. Maybe but not guaranteed .
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I like the Avon tire but the 60 series is probably not a good idea, revs too high
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

If I keep to the speed limit or 100 kmph the Avon will be OK
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK what is all this non-english nonsense?

Here is some English nonsense.

I dripped a bit of kerosene on my centerstand, it did not help. I sprayed some bubbling penetrating oil down there. I can now get the Forza300 rocking and onto the centerstand. Better

I rode 100 km up river and discovered I had left my wallet at home again. Too much brain damage.

I tried to put some amazon bark busters on the handlebars to keep my hands warmer. They did not fit. I have my bars rotated down a bit to work better with my short ass. I got the aluminum mounted but I could not turn completely. another expensive mistake.

I rode up to Lytton to look at any new construction after the huge town destroying fire. I discovered I had left my wallet at home again. I had half a tank of gas so I had to turn around and go home, too much brain damage. but at least I can get it up.

too old for this??? 65 in a few months but I am 105 in dog years
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by airhead83 »

davenowherejones wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm
I rode 100 km up river and discovered I had left my wallet at home again. Too much brain damage.I rode up to Lytton to look at any new construction after the huge town destroying fire. I discovered I had left my wallet at home again. I had half a tank of gas so I had to turn around and go home, too much brain damage. but at least I can get it up.
too old for this??? 65 in a few months but I am 105 in dog years
You'll be too old to ride and tinker with your bike when you finally lose the keys and can't remember where they are.
I'm not sure how things work across the pond... But here in the US, 'leaving your wallet at home' only works when someone else is there to pay.
I had a cousin who was notorious for 'finding out' he had forgotten his wallet 1/2 way through the meal we were having. I finally started offering to pay ahead of time with hopes he'd amend his ways. Never happened. 😉
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

A neighbour of mine had dementia so we hid the car keys on him. I was talking to his wife in my driveway and a car went past me, I said to her, hey that was your car. Keith had found the keys and was looking for his wife. I jumped on my scooter and tried to follow him. I lost him at a traffic light. I found him in a local park and got the keys from him. I phoned another neighbour to come and get him and the car. the really sad thing is that neighbour who drove him home also had dementia a few years later.
No dementia here yet but I have had a few strokes, my time is limited.

I rode two hours to Walmart and back to get a few leftover chocolate Easter bunnies. Talk about being stupid.