Top Box Bracket/Carrier

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

docjones

Top Box Bracket/Carrier

Post by docjones »

I have a 13 PCX 150, purchased used last week. Is there a special bracket/carrier that replaces the rear wing that accommodates a monokey mounting plate. I have a Givi 45 that I use on my Silverwing and I want to use the same on the PCX. I could have sworn there was a bracket but it isn't listed under spare parts or under accessories any more. I thought I saw one on Craigslist several months back and I should have gotten it then. I knew I was going to get a PCX sooner or later. I did check under stuff for sale but didn't see one. Thanks Tom
Ray DeCenzo
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Top Box Bracket/Carrier

Post by Ray DeCenzo »

I bought my 2013 pcx 150 it came with a steel rear rack, too small to even carry a half dozen beer.

I welded a couple of bars inside the rack and bolted an aluminum plate from my KTM 990 Adventure on it, and I can also put my KTM adventure top box on the rack if I swap the box mount onto the pcx rack I modified.
dankly1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2019
Color: Silver

Post by dankly1 »

Givi makes a MonoLock rear rack (SR1190) for the 2013 but I'm pretty sure they never made one that is labeled as MonoKey. I don't know if the MonoKey mounting plate will bolt to the existing holes on MonoLock rack, but I'm sure with a little modification you could get it to work.

Let us know what you find out including some pics if you can. It could help someone else in the future.

Cheers
dankly
2019 PCX150
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
1983 Suzuki FA50
Iron Butt Association #80052
rdub231
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by rdub231 »

dankly1 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:11 pm Givi makes a MonoLock rear rack (SR1190) for the 2013 but I'm pretty sure they never made one that is labeled as MonoKey. I don't know if the MonoKey mounting plate will bolt to the existing holes on MonoLock rack, but I'm sure with a little modification you could get it to work.

Let us know what you find out including some pics if you can. It could help someone else in the future.

Cheers
dankly
Is the SR1190 rack interchangeable over different years? These seem hard to find. Amazon shows them in stock, but in the product details, it only lists ‘21 and ‘22 as compatible years.
2013 Honda PCX150
2011 Yamaha FZ8
1987 Yamaha SRX 250 (3>2 bike project)
1969 Yamaha R3