How-To: Adjust Handlebars

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Handlebars

Post by WhiteNoise »

George those 4 bar bolts are so damn soft it's ridiculous (really). Honda added thread lock and Boom! Good bye hex head, hello round. Must be Very Careful removing.
I had forgot to mention that I also spritzed a bit of PB Blaster penetrant on the bolts the night before removal (and Yes...the surrounding area was protected with a rag-for any overspray). Folks, PB stuff works!

My questions, since we're on this topic:
Can we exchange these soft bolts for exactly the same in stainless? I really Don't want a backup of oem Softies if I don't have to. I'd rather change them out and put my caps back on.
How many of you used thread lock after your adjustment? On all four or....?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

I have just ordered 4 replacement bolts from Honda....£6 for the four...No thread lock will be applied !!! They should be ok without

Im going to use a TORX tool to remove the damaged one even though I will probably never move the handle bars again but sods law dictates that one day.....and then I won't be able to get it out !!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Make sure the thread locker is blue, not red. Blue is for when you want to take things apart, red is much more permanent. They are not interchangeable. I use Threadlocker on anything that has to do with the safety or operation of the bike I.e. Something I don’t want coming apart when the bike is moving.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: How-To: Adjust Handlebars

Post by Conelite »

I changed my bars all together. Much more turned in.
Attachments
20190516_200525.jpg
20190516_200525.jpg (437.03 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
towdie
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Post by towdie »

Hello I was replacing handlebars because of the crash and I would like to ask if there is some "best" position/angle for them or I will just set them to be comfortable?
Fedner
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze Metallic

Post by Fedner »

I created an account on this forum simply because this thread helped me so much. Thank you!

I recently purchased a 2019 PCX 150 and have been replacing all fluids and making adjustments. I wasn't sure if the handlebars were adjustable until I found this thread. You guys saved me a lot of headache with your warnings of soft bolts. I took precautions ahead of time and tried to loosen the factory locktight... and apparently it worked, because I loosened two of the bolts with zero damage, rotated the bars up, and re-tightened them. Perfect!