Odometer

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

hop

Odometer

Post by hop »

Found a really nice 2014 Forza. Nearby. Gonna put tires on it.
Question about the odometer. Mine looks like it does not register 1/10 ths of miles. Is that correct, or am I just not seeing the decimal. Nothing in the owners manual about it.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Odometer

Post by davenowherejones »

only the trip odometer measures tenths. my 2014 was reading 180,356 km when I filled it today

What tires can you get for it? almost all tires of the right size are out of stock at the moment in Canada. I have never found a correct rear tire. A 150/70-13 fits. I just got a Kenda rear tire yesterday ready for my next rear. I wear out a lot of rear tires. I should stay home. I use Fort Nine in Montreal for tires

Where are you? how many km/miles on the 2014?
hop

Post by hop »

davenowherejones wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:50 pm only the trip odometer measures tenths. my 2014 was reading 180,356 km when I filled it today

Where are you? how many km/miles on the 2014?
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. The Scooter is immaculate. It looks like new. The odometer says either 20,251 miles or 2025.1 miles. The tires are dated from 2014. They are hard as rocks but still have some tread.

The woman I bought it from doesn’t know the history, as she’s owned it only a year and rode it only a couple times.

I’m in Texas. The sun is very hard on stuff here.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The original tires were Dunlop Scootsmart tires but they are almost impossible to buy, A Honda dealer may be able to get some but no one else seems to have them. A rear tire may last 15,000 km or 9,000 miles at most. The front tire lasts forever.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

make sure you are looking at the odometer and not the trip meter that has never been reset.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

your scooter probably has 2 thousand miles on it if it has the original Dunlop tire on the rear

not too many Americans put mega miles on a scooter like this Crazy Canadian. I go and go. The furthest I have been is Dawson City in the Yukon From basically Vancouver, BC. My mother was Mrs. Dawson for many years and the city is named after a family member I am told.