ADV150 Variator Tuning Results

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.
Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

FierrogirlsADV
Year: 2021
Color: Blue

Re: ADV150 Variator Tuning Results

Post by FierrogirlsADV »

Good info! Saving this!
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

You might want to check Scooterswapshop on youtube. They been working on a maxing out their Shop ADV for a while now.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Atom1234
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Atom1234 »

I have a 2011 pcx 125cc , I just did the Ncy variator and drive face and 13gram rollers , I wasn’t that happy any recommendations, it went 72mph on stand and 62 with me on road I weigh 220lbs
ScottydADV
Year: 2019

Post by ScottydADV »

Hi new member here, coming from the Philippines. Alrighty, so my ADV is roughly 2 years old. Got in early 20, and ran the hell out of it stock for basically 8 months. So during those 8 months here's what I observed.
1. Pulled off the line decently but with a bit of hesitation
2. I could feel very mild drag, otherwise negligible
3. Power came on very linearly, not strong, but consitent
4. Was able to max it out at 119kph, straight road, very slight downhill road (tucked)
5. 44.4 kmpl mileage (mixed riding styles)

On the 9th month I decided to change things up since I was taking it for an oil change and needed maintenance for the variator (belt), so I ended up putting 17g rollers, a new variator set (forgive my ignorance, I'm not too well versed with the variator parts) belt I believe is stock, stiffer spring (engaging at 1200 rpm), got a locally manufactured exhaust system and a higher flow filter element, as well as changed the fuel pump assy (since I was one of those who experience premature fuel pump failure). Now sadly, here's what I noticed.

1. Initially pulls well, but there's a noticeable flat spot in power right around the midrange
2. Power seems to be spotty, but does improve when revved out
3. Some drag/hesitation from time to time when peeling off
4. Maxes out at 111kph down the same stretch of road (tucked)
5. 38.8 to 39.7 kmpl mileage (mixed riding styles)

Hope you guys can give me advice on this. I did try going back to the stock exhaust but kept the cvt mods and had minimal gains with regards to engine performance, so I put the aftermarket exhaust back, and of course did it because I enjoyed the ruckus the aftermarket exhuast makes (who doesn't?)

Any help would be appreciated.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScottydADV wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:58 am Hi new member here, coming from the Philippines. Alrighty, so my ADV is roughly 2 years old. Got in early 20, and ran the hell out of it stock for basically 8 months. So during those 8 months here's what I observed.
4. Was able to max it out at 119kph, straight road, very slight downhill road (tucked)

On the 9th month I decided to change things up since I was taking it for an oil change and needed maintenance for the variator (belt), so I ended up putting 17g rollers, a new variator set (forgive my ignorance, I'm not too well versed with the variator parts) belt I believe is stock, stiffer spring (engaging at 1200 rpm), got a locally manufactured exhaust system and a higher flow filter element, as well as changed the fuel pump assy (since I was one of those who experience premature fuel pump failure). Now sadly, here's what I noticed.

1. Initially pulls well, but there's a noticeable flat spot in power right around the midrange

Hope you guys can give me advice on this. I did try going back to the stock exhaust but kept the cvt mods and had minimal gains with regards to engine performance, so I put the aftermarket exhaust back, and of course did it because I enjoyed the ruckus the aftermarket exhuast makes (who doesn't?)

The CVT mods could be causing what feels like a mid range dip if the revs drop.
Carnage1300
Year: 2022 Adv150

Post by Carnage1300 »

So upgraded my variator and clutch. Did a S23 variator, and a Malossi bell and clutch kit, with dr pulley 11gr sliders. Acceleration is definitely better. Stock acceleration was okay, top speed on flat was 67mph, and mpg was roughly 90mpg. I’m a 6’3 260 lbs rider, in mountain country. After upgrades 0-40 acceleration is much faster, top speed dropped to 64mph, and fuel consumption dropped to roughly 79 mpg. Personally I think it’s revving to high wish I had a tachometer. I ordered some 13gr slider and hopefully that puts me in a spot I like alittle more.
Hobbit112
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Gunmetal

Post by Hobbit112 »

Carnage1300 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:25 am So upgraded my variator and clutch. Did a S23 variator, and a Malossi bell and clutch kit, with dr pulley 11gr sliders. Acceleration is definitely better. Stock acceleration was okay, top speed on flat was 67mph, and mpg was roughly 90mpg. I’m a 6’3 260 lbs rider, in mountain country. After upgrades 0-40 acceleration is much faster, top speed dropped to 64mph, and fuel consumption dropped to roughly 79 mpg. Personally I think it’s revving to high wish I had a tachometer. I ordered some 13gr slider and hopefully that puts me in a spot I like alittle more.
13gr sliders will help with mileage and maybe top speed. I had 11gr sliders in my Click 125i and agree it revved too high but I was trying to reach the rev limiter, which I did with the 11s. My top speed also was higher with the 11s. Had 13s before but couldn't hit the limiter. I am 6'1", 220lbs.

If the 13s are too heavy you can also mix the 11s and 13s(alternate them). Something I might try.
2019 Honda Click 125i
Yuminashi 164cc bore kit w/150 head
32mm throttle body and intake
13.5° SpeedTuner variator
15gr Dr. Pulley sliders
100/80-14(F), 120/80-14(R) Pirelli Angel Scooters
YSS front fork kit, YSS G-Series rear shock
Hobbit112
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Gunmetal

Post by Hobbit112 »

ScottydADV wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:58 am Hi new member here, coming from the Philippines. Alrighty, so my ADV is roughly 2 years old. Got in early 20, and ran the hell out of it stock for basically 8 months. So during those 8 months here's what I observed.

Ok, let's see if I've got this right. You updated your ADV 150 after 9 months with a new variator, rollers(flyballs) and belt, center spring, fuel pump air intake and exhaust. Do you know brand of variator installed?

Any other updates since then? Did you change tire sizes, install new shocks, etc.?

How many kilometers on your odometer?

FYI belt and rollers are wear items. Belts should be replaced after 12-18 kilometers. Rollers can last as little as 5k kilometers before needing replacement.

After 2 years you probably could use a new spark plug and a change of rear gear oil also.
2019 Honda Click 125i
Yuminashi 164cc bore kit w/150 head
32mm throttle body and intake
13.5° SpeedTuner variator
15gr Dr. Pulley sliders
100/80-14(F), 120/80-14(R) Pirelli Angel Scooters
YSS front fork kit, YSS G-Series rear shock
KNguyen
Year: 22
Color: red

Post by KNguyen »

big tommy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm TDR are the kings of auto scooter tuning, don't waste your money using anyone else...
If that's true, where are the photos of people racing with them? I can google Malossi, Polini, Stage 6, 2Fast, Yasuni or JCosta and see a lot of photos of scooters racing with them. All I see with TDR are links to Alibaba. Do you think the king of auto scooter tuning could beat any of those companies in competition? If so, why don't they.
If you can't find photos of people actually using the parts in competition, it's more than likely that some smurf is putting their name on Chinese parts and sticking them in nice boxes. Which means you're getting hosed.
dodge
Year: 2023

Post by dodge »

I custom made some 25G rollers and now getting a consistent 90mpg. If limited to 35-40 mph, this thing would get 130-150mpg. Been in contact with a group that wants to produce a supercharger kit for 150cc engines. Just what this thing needs now. At 5 psi, it would result in close to 20HP motor. Here is to hoping...