1st time out

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ranger2020
Year: 2021
Color: White

1st time out

Post by Ranger2020 »

Just got in my first ride of the year. Sure was nice. Didn't go too far, only 75/80 miles. I topped off the fuel tank & took it easy. It still had a 1/2 tank of gas in it from last October. The PCX ran like the day I bought it. Hard to beat Honda dependability. Stay safe everyone & enjoy the ride. R20
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Re: 1st time out

Post by Mon-Eye »

Little tip fella. If your going to leave it parked a few months like that keep the tank brimmed full. Logic is in a metal tank the condensation on the half full tank will make it rust over time. If its brimed it can't do this. If its a plastic tank it can encourage water to form which isn't good either. On an older carb bike it's good to run them once a month for a full hear cycle to keep fuel flowing through the cards to keep them free and prevent them gumming up too.

Sorry if you already know all this and tell me to do one lol
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
Ranger2020
Color: White

Re: 1st time out

Post by Ranger2020 »

I totally agree with you on most of what you said. I feel the best long term storage for carbed bikes is to drain the bowls and install a battery tender. My 05 VTX got that treatment and when I traded it in '13 it still ran great & still had the original battery in it. Enjoy the ride, R20