Windshield Upgrade

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.
Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

bbowling
Year: 2021
Color: Black

Windshield Upgrade

Post by bbowling »

Ordered this windshield upgrade: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086M ... UTF8&psc=1

Material is a bit thinner than the stock windshield, but works great. This has really changed how the bike handles windy days. I can sit straight up most of the time and ducking doesn't have as large of an impact anymore, even at highway speeds. Worth every penny.
Attachments
20201108_121455.jpg
20201108_121455.jpg (539.45 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
BobW55
Year: 2022
Color: White

Re: Windshield Upgrade

Post by BobW55 »

Did it help with wind in the face?
I am 6'2" and my face sheild is getting peppered with bugs.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

If you are a long torso the best way to get rid of bugs off your helmet and face is to add a slightly larger windshield and then add a air foil lip to the top of that windshield. That way you can take it off when you’re not doing long-distance yet on long distance it will keep your helmet completely clean. There is absolutely no need to put on these windshields that are taller than The length of the bike. The other disadvantage of these super tall windshields are in hotter weather, they get to be absolutely uncomfortable to ride behind.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
docjones

Post by docjones »

What is the overall height of the new screen? (how long is it?) Do they come in clear? Where do they ship from? Was shipping expensive? Was it predrilled correctly? Sorry for all the questions I really need a taller windshield. Givi said they didn't plan on it (the assholes) and the Puig is in development. Thanks man. I do love my ADV. Tom