Final case bearing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Final case bearing

Post by jburner »

Anyone have to replace their final case bearing?
Part #91005-KVB-900
Is there an easy way to get that sucker out? It looks like it has a clip and should come out pretty easily.

Pretty sure mine is done for. No noise without case on, and plenty when idling only with case on. There also seems to be some play in the bearing when turning with my finger. Anything else it could be other than the needle bearing or other in the clutch kit? I already took that off and it was actually pretty good.

I have a video of it, but can’t figure out how to upload.

Addition: I spun the wheel backwards when running and it got louder, spinning forward it went away completely and came right back when idling.
Red Thunder
Year: 2011
Color: red

Re: Final case bearing

Post by Red Thunder »

The easiest way to remove any "blind" bearing is to "hydraulic" the bearing out. Find a bolt or dowel or something that just slides inside the bearing with as little amount of movement as possible. Fill the center hole of the bearing with some thick grease and pack it in there to remove any air and excess space. Take the bolt and put that in the center or the bearing where the grease is. BEFORE you try to force the bolt gently push the bolt to see if there is resistance, if so then use a hammer and hit the bolt as if you were driving it thru the center of the bearing thru all of that grease. The pressure of the grease will squeeze under the bearing and start to force it out. You may have to add more grease and repeat a few times. If the bolt or other object you use is a very tight fit inside the bearing, you may only have to do it once. The tighter fit of the bolt inside the bearing the greater effect it will have. You don't want grease squirting out around the bolt because then there won't be enough pressure to move the bearing.
There are plenty of videos online of someone doing this and there are some scooter videos of "greasing " the bearing for the clutch also. Just remember to clean all the grease residue up .
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Re: Final case bearing

Post by jburner »

I discovered that my final drive face was actually fine, a little grease and it was back to quiet. Never stop learning…