Greasing Clutch Bearing

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: Greasing Clutch Bearing

Post by Oyabun »

The head bearing issue had been addressed by a new head bearing setup implementing a ball basket.
The clutch bearing needs regular attention.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Oyabun wrote:The head bearing issue had been addressed by a new head bearing setup implementing a ball basket.
Will be interesting to see if the NCY rear clutch assembly does any better, smooth as silk and totally quiet for now.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
Oyabun wrote:The head bearing issue had been addressed by a new head bearing setup implementing a ball basket.
Will be interesting to see if the NCY rear clutch assembly does any better, smooth as silk and totally quiet for now.
I believe you went for some super duper performance kit, but if I just wanted to replace worn out bearings and install a much better clutch, what what I order? Is there the equivalent of the famour 'part 8' Honda clutch assembly that would just slip in as a direct replacement or do you need other bits around it? Not really up on mechanical bits n pieces and aftermarket replacements :) Thanks! (is there a web link or part number you could provide so I order the right bits? PCX 125 UK)
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Well I ordered the NCY super transmission kit in part because I wanted the variator, but I was in the same boat as many with the noise from the rear driven pulley which started at just 4,000 miles. Rather than buy a Honda replacement and possibly have to go through the same procedure again I went with NCY. After some testing I used the NCY variator together with the NCY rear driven pully together with the stock honda clutch pack and clutch bell. The feel of the stock Honda clutch was better, the NCY clutch shoe springs (not the contra spring) are a little too stiff so the bike needs more revs before take off which I didn't like. There are clutches for this machine on the web but none are cheap, Google it. Here's one example from webike in Japan, complete minus the clutch bell. Webike shipping isnt cheap but takes lss than a week in my experience.
http://japan.webike.net/products/23022196.html
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

iceman wrote:
k2apache6.0 wrote:
I believe you went for some super duper performance kit, but if I just wanted to replace worn out bearings and install a much better clutch, what what I order? Is there the equivalent of the famour 'part 8' Honda clutch assembly that would just slip in as a direct replacement or do you need other bits around it? Not really up on mechanical bits n pieces and aftermarket replacements :) Thanks! (is there a web link or part number you could provide so I order the right bits? PCX 125 UK)
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/det ... sch=794095
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

chicaboo,

A new oem face set costs only 35$us, and has the better NTN bearings installed. Packing them
with enough grease (included also) should make it last...another 20,000km (but re-packing
every 10k = a very good idea, and not difficult).

I used to ride an Elite which driven clutch bearings had never been serviced in 25,000 miles
without problem to my knowledge...
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

aguim wrote:chicaboo,

A new oem face set costs only 35$us, and has the better NTN bearings installed. Packing them
with enough grease (included also) should make it last...another 20,000km (but re-packing
every 10k = a very good idea, and not difficult).

I used to ride an Elite which driven clutch bearings had never been serviced in 25,000 miles
without problem to my knowledge...
Isn't that what I linked to?

I packed my bearings at 4000km, so hopefully they don't develop a problem. :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It is my understanding that the replacement kit is quite dependable, so I think Honda saw this as their fix for the problem. ...and we get to pay for it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

homie wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:14 am
ItBeMe wrote:Where is this bearing located and how do you get to it. :?
It's inside the CVT (belt) cover found as the rear half of the clutch pulley (the aft pulley) under the bell & shoes. It will be easy to access and remove the entire clutch assembly but a little more difficult to separate and bearing from this clutch. There are many video's showing several ways to disassemble and reassemble these little scooter clutches with cleaver homemade tools and human contortions but one can do it themselves. Here is my video of what the legendary bearing design looks like. And that is the part number for your bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PncNhxC54a0
Noticed this on mine… the video link is not working. Any others? By this time is the best fix still to get the “part 8”?