2022 PCX whistle sound from left side

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PanosSima
Year: 2022
Color: Grey

2022 PCX whistle sound from left side

Post by PanosSima »

Hi guys. So I've recently bought my brand new Honda PCX 125. I have it for almost 3 weeks now and I've done about 500 kilometers with it and I absolutely love it for my daily commuting. However, I've started to notice a weird whistle sound coming from the back left side when the engine is hot. More specifically between 30kmh and 55kmh I'm noticing this sound and it's quite intense. Ive had a chat with the dealership and they told me that most probably is because the bike is still under the break in period, but i dont believe it to tell you the truth. Of course, the bike is still under warranty and i'll get it to the dealership asap to have a proper look, but I wanted to have your opinion on this, to see if someone has faced anything similar, or if its normal for the scooter to work like this
Mprime
Year: 2021
Color: White

Re: 2022 PCX whistle sound from left side

Post by Mprime »

That doesn't sound normal at all. It's possible that there might be something going on in your cvt/variator. Definitely have your dealer check it out. Might be something as simple as a turned roller.
PanosSima
Year: 2022
Color: Grey

Post by PanosSima »

Mprime wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:11 pm That doesn't sound normal at all. It's possible that there might be something going on in your cvt/variator. Definitely have your dealer check it out. Might be something as simple as a turned roller.
Hi! Happy new Year! After reading the topic below, i think that i can relate this to my problem

https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php? ... ne#p149303

Maybe i used the wrong word and instead of whine noise i said whistle which are kinda of the same to me. However, after reading many similar topics about this noise here in the forum, i can see that this problem exists in almost every PCX, so i dont believe that i will have to worry a lot about this. Anyway ill have the dealership check it when ill take it for my first service.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Best to get it to the dealership so they can check things out but I suspect its the CVT and final drive doing its usual job.

Let us know how it goes.