Problem with lights

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

jivko8921
Year: 2020
Color: Red

Problem with lights

Post by jivko8921 »

Hallo guys :)

My post might be bit long but I would like to tell you the full back story so you can help me. I bought a Honda scooter pcx 125/2020 three years ago, brand new from a motorcycle store. Unfortunately, after an year of driving it, during the winter, on icy road I fell really bad and smashed completely the plastics on the right side. I changed the whole plastic covers then. Technically, the first 1-2 months the bike didn't have any problems, but at some point the right full beam lights stopped working completely. I took it to the mechanic with the thought that light bulb needs changing or just something with the switcher didn't work. However, the mechanic told me that when I fell I must have broken some part which, by his words, costs 400 pounds (just that part!). But because my English is not very good I could not understand him what part exactly was it, and now I'm wondering if you can guess what I might have broken which affects the full beam lights and costs 400 pounds?
You'll wonder probably why I left it unfixed for so long. Well, I had spent already nearly thousand pounds when I changed the whole plastic cover, and couldn't afford to spend more money at that time. But now, 3 years have passed since I bought the bike, and my first mot is on 25ht of February
Obviously, with non - working beam lights I won't pass mot, so I need to fix it before then.
I am completely ignorant to mechanic stuff and I know that probably the mechanics will try to rip me off, that's why I ask here maybe you can advice me before I take my bike to the garage. Thank you in advance.