Best way to clean IACV on 2015 PCX-150, easy body panel access

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

thebitmaster
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Best way to clean IACV on 2015 PCX-150, easy body panel access

Post by thebitmaster »

I'd been having trouble with the engine stalling out at idle. I read the IACV code (29-1) from the flashing MIL.

1) So after taking off a truly egregious amount of plastic (almost all of it on the bike, very little of it anywhere near the IACV) by using the FSM, I was able to get to the IACV. I took it off and tested it by powering up the bike. I think the first time I looked at it it might have been closed more than halfway, but now, when I power up the bike, is starts at half-way open, moves down to fully open, clicks several times like it's hitting a stop, then goes back to half-way open. Is that normal? I don't want to replace it if I don't have to, but I also *really* don't want to have to take all this plastic again.

Here's a Youtube video I made of the test. I'm not sure if this is the right way to add those in this forum?

https://youtube.com/shorts/feWM4Xcc5Do

2) After doing that, I put it back on and started the bike. No errors. I can't say the idle was perfectly smooth, but it definitely didn't stop. I stopped and started it a few times, then let it run and warm up, and I no longer had any problems. At this point I had done zero cleaning, changed nothing, just took it off, did the power-on test, and put it back. This is frustrating, because it feels like I took of all this plastic for nothing. That's not completely true, because I've been putting off my valve check because of the same issue. What else should I check while I have it apart besides the valve clearance?

3) There was a little bit of soot on the part the IACV bolts onto. Definitely not enough to cause problems, but I cleaned it and all nearby surfaces with rubbing alcohol.

4) I see online that for the automotive version, people clean the valve itself with brake cleaner, but this IACV is all-plastic, so that seems like a bad idea.

2) I have the FSM, and following the path through removing the plastic to get to the IACV has caused me to remove almost every piece of plastic on the bike. There's simply no way it's necessary to take off all the stuff on the front, etc., to access something that's just below the seat. When I put this back together, I'm *definitely* going to make a better way to get at the engine compartment *without* having to take off 10,000 unnecessary components, even if it means I have to dremel a solution. Does anyone know of an easier way to get a the engine compartment taking off as little plastic as possible? It took me over four hours last time and this time to get it all off, and it's simply not acceptable to continue living in a world with engineering this bad. For the sake of the community, there *must* be a better way.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Best way to clean IACV on 2015 PCX-150, easy body panel access

Post by mymitzi »