PCX125 2020 hotwire repair

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

TallestGargoyle
Year: 2020
Color: Black

PCX125 2020 hotwire repair

Post by TallestGargoyle »

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with repairing a hotwire, or know if it's even possible without replacing the entire cable loom?

I bought a PCX 125 new in 2020, but unfortunately it got stolen a couple weeks back. I've since recovered the bike with a pretty sizeable hole smashed through the side where the thieves hotwired it. Like an idiot it wasn't chained so my insurance are refusing to pay, and the first quote I've been given for repair is over £2,600 which is nearly the price of a whole new bike, so I'm looking to repair at least the wiring myself with assistance from a colleague who has more experience than me with electronics, but I'm uncertain where to begin.

I tried looking for wiring schematics, but I only seem to be able to find information on up to the 2018 model. Is the 2020 model the same wiring?

All the electrics other than the horn appear to work (confirmed all the lights, indicators, hazards, ABS front break, even the engine idle shutoff switch works), and the key no longer turns the machine on. Only thing I've not tested was the power port in the front cubby hole as the thieves apparently took my adapter for that. Are there any other particular electronics I should test and confirm work?

Not quite sure what I'm gonna do about the panelwork on the side yet, just want to see if I can get it running normally first of all.