NSS 300 Fuel Pump Recall/Replacement: Success?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: NSS 300 Fuel Pump Recall/Replacement: Success?

Post by gn2 »

Petrol price has already dropped here, used to be £1.34 a litre now its £1.18
Half of that is tax.

Current UK price works out at $6.99 per US gallon, down from $7.93
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Wow. I am lucky to live about 50 miles away from some giant refineries so we have some of the lowest gas prices in the country and low taxes in our state. Gas Buddy alerted me that we should fall below $2/ US gallon by Friday in the rural areas. I am hoping it stays there for quite a while. The East or West coast is another story and they can be $1 or more higher per gallon than we are. A barrel is crude is near $70 right now and the shale oil starts being profitable after about $50 per barrel so we don't want it to drop too much. :P They are guessing it will balance out with the latest Saudi price drops around where it is now longer term.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

fish wrote:
AustinPCX wrote:Wonder if you can get the dealer to check the valves at a minimal charge while they're at it?
60 fuel ups....?
How many miles on your Forza?
Doubt it would be a minimal charge to check the valve lash.....whatever time past 1 hour for the pump might be on your bill for the valves. Maybe not , certainly worth asking.
You do have to be careful with the pump seals....lube them and take it easy... did the pump on my Kymco....it was a large 0 ring seal.
Fish
10,000 trouble free miles. Haven't received my recall notice yet.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Did you do a VIN lookup? Maybe it is isn't affected? :) Trying to be optimistic. They may jog the notifications to keep up with the parts.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

SECoda wrote:Did you do a VIN lookup? Maybe it is isn't affected? :) Trying to be optimistic. They may jog the notifications to keep up with the parts.
Yep, my VIN is included in the recall, but no problems yet after 10,000 miles.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My receipt for the fuel pump replacement.
Had a little trouble with the panels.....including the floor model. Broke the same part on both.
Other than that - I really appreciated this dealer getting me in without an appointment.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:Petrol price has already dropped here, used to be £1.34 a litre now its £1.18
Half of that is tax.

Current UK price works out at $6.99 per US gallon, down from $7.93
$2.03 at my coffee village BP station. ("Thanks!")
Fish
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

$1.82 :P We are shooting for less than $1.50 at this point. o_O
Slowlane
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Slowlane »

All the fuel pump recall comments are dated 2014.....HELLO!......its 2022 now!
Anyway, went to the service counter today and was given the eye-roll on replacing the fuel pump on a 2014 Forza 300. I could tell that I would be better off doing it myself. Now in 2022 i cant find any UTubes on how to do it. The bike has 4000 miles on it and runs perfect. Is it me or are forums dead?
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Slowlane wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:36 pm All the fuel pump recall comments are dated 2014.....HELLO!......its 2022 now!
Anyway, went to the service counter today and was given the eye-roll on replacing the fuel pump on a 2014 Forza 300. I could tell that I would be better off doing it myself. Now in 2022 i cant find any UTubes on how to do it. The bike has 4000 miles on it and runs perfect. Is it me or are forums dead?
Not just you. I check posts weekly now - and sometimes have to wait for weeks to see a new post.
First remove the luggage box.

REMOVAL
Relieve the fuel pressure and disconnect the quick
connect fitting (page 7-5).
Remove the battery (page 21-5).
Clean around the fuel pump.
Loosen the nuts [1) in a crisscross pattern in several
steps.
Remove the nuts and retainers [2).
Remove the fuel pump unit [3) from the fuel tank while
bending the fuel filter.
Slowlane

Post by Slowlane »

Thanks for the reply/instructions...will do when weather cools off.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

There were actually TWO recalls about the fuel pump. My 2014 model has had both recalls done years ago in the UK. You should contact a Honda dealer to see if your Forza has been done or, if it hasn't been done, ask if the recall is still relevant as Honda should pay for it. You could go on the Honda importer page where you can check if there are any outstanding recalls to be performed on your Forza - you just need to input the VIN number.
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

I had the first recall done in 2015, I still have the bike. I got the second recall notice and have not been back yet, why?, because the first job was a nightmare. The dealer totally botched the job and I had to go back three times before they got it done right. The first time I went outside after returning home to find a puddle of fuel under the scooter, the dealer had to come tow it back from my house because I refused to ride it there with fuel flowing all over the street. The second time I almost dumped the bike when I didn't realize it started leaking while I was sitting at a traffic light and I now had a puddle of fuel under it in front of the rear wheel, it was like driving on ice. They had to tow it from my job parking lot since I was close to work when it happened. It seems the dealers mechanic couldn't figure out how to properly seat the o-ring seal that's part of the assembly. I do plan on going back to the dealer to have the job done again when I can build up the nerve only because if I do it myself I don't think it would be possible to remove the outstanding recall notice, if someone knows otherwise please correct me on this. I plan on likely selling the bike soon and I don't want an outstanding recall to be a sticking point on negotiating the price. If I planned on keeping it forever I probably probably wouldn't even do it. Good luck
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Slowlane

Post by Slowlane »

This looks good...no reviews tho:

https://www.amazon.com/QFS-16700-K04-93 ... deae8f9840
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

I just purchased a 400 mile Forza. I did the fuel pump recall and went through everything on the scooter replacing all fluids and consumable items.

It ran fine for 50 miles and now will randomly cut out or won't start. I'm going to restrip it and see if I did something wrong.