100,000 mile scooters

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: 100,000 mile scooters

Post by Limey »

Stay safe up there, Dave.
And, wave at Al Quiring and Jamie Davis for me! LOL
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I stood and watched Jamie Davis work the other day near my house. He was rigging up and towing a big rig that had destroyed its air brakes, (driver error???) It was a dangerous job with other trucks within inches. Jamie really needs to learn Punjabi. I wonder if he got paid for that job?

A long, long time ago I helped Al Quiring and his father Bob move washroom trailers for several years of the Abbotsford International Air Show. We dropped a 5000 (?) gallon toilet tank one day and the contents went everywhere.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Big breakfast, shower and then I will tackle the Coquihalla Highway again. I am trying to get through the billion dollars of storm damage to Merritt.

6C degrees, I will wait till 10 am and hopefully the temp will go up so that I can escape. I may need to turn my iPhone off.

I will put my Goretex snowmobile gloves on for the summit. McDonalds for lunch. It is only 124 km but I need to get up to 5000 ft where there is lots of snow.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I made it to Merritt and back. The Coq Highway is only 4000 feet where I went.

There was lots of storm damage from November. Lots of really big trees in the rivers. There are bridges that go nowhere.

The Coquihalla River at Othello looks like someone detonated a large bomb and so was the Coldwater River also. What a mess.

We used the northbound two lanes for two way traffic. Strange going the wrong way down the highway.

The winter gloves were not needed. I tried to get sushi at the Real Canadian Superstore but ended up with a $3 pack of sliced pepperoni.

Lots of snow beside the highway still and at the rest areas.

I gave the Forza a gentle pressure wash when I got home to get rid of the salt.

I tried to inspect the rear brakes but my old eyes can't see the pads. I took the muffler off and the caliper. All was good. I struggled to get it back together.

Princeton will be next on a warm day.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

my brain exploded last friday, I will probably never ride again, my forza needs an front ABS sensor, severly back ordered, My Forza will probably never run again.

I fell over moving the lawn. I got a lights and sirens ambulance Ride to the next major town.I goy an immediate CatScan nwhich showed a lot of new brain damage

they decided in emergency that I Needed a catheter to urinate. I heard one traineenurses in training askinthe other trainee how to insert it, they did it wrong and several hours later i was screaming for it to be remove, several hours later it was removed.

they eventually they stuck me in a roomWhich I recognized as the very sameroom that my mother had before sh died in that hospital i was moved from that room to a nearby bed in the Hallway.they never turned out the light in that bussy hallway. i did not get much sleep.

the food was bad and the toilet was far away. i was smelling disgusting.i phoned a neighbour, he agreed come get me.

the nurses said i could not leave, i gave them the coe finger salute and walked to the front door

i had a much needed shower when i good home

a psychiatric heal care worker came to check on me and helped me online order groceries, I even got chocolate ice cream

I cannot put my underpants on, it takes a long time to put a shirt on.

i went for a walk, i need to walk t repair the brain damage so that i can eventually drive my 4wd dodgedakota. that might take a few months

i made s big pot of beef and beans for the next few weeks

i need a good lady to look after me, I do not know any good ladies
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Sorry to hear of your medical issues.
Hope they are resolved quickly.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Hope your feeling somewhat better today Dave. That Ice Cream can't hurt! Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

it is going to be a long, long recovery if ever
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Hello Dave, have you ever replaced the clutch bearings in the 100k miles?
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Dave - hope you are getting well and are feeling better.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am doing very poorly, medically and financially
I am always in pain, sometimes a lot of pain, there have been a few unsuccessful suicide attempts.

M doctor has forbidden me to drive and I physically am not able to ride the scooter safely.

the brake rotors wore out and I replaced the front and rear rotors, the rear brake calliper was replaced.

The front ABS sensor was completely corroded and almost impossible to remove. I got it out with a lot of violence. It was destroyed in the Process it took many weeks to get a new one. I tried to get a used one fro EBay but I was sent the wrong part at great expense. My dealer took a long time to get me a new one from Honda.

I wore a heart monitor one night, I took it back to the Hospital. I had a huge breakfast at White spot. I decided to go for an 8km walk. I barely made it back to my truck. I went home and mowed my lawn. I was mowing my neighbours lawn when I collapsed. i fell into his smelly bird baths and was soaking wet. I had trouble standing, my neighbour said I had trouble speaking, he thought I had a stroke, he took me to the Hope emergency department.

I spent two months in various hospitals, they did a blood clot removal attempt in my right leg. they took me to prep me for the operation. One of the nurses was a girl I went to school with. I had worked for her family for years, cutting the lawn & pruning trees. I drove her step father to Cancer treatments in the USA, waste of time and money, he died. I drove her mother and my mother around for years.

I eventually got out of the hospital and went home. I got a new doctor. a nice lady from Iran or Iraq, Iran I think she said I was medically unfit to drive a car. She even reported me to th Solicitor General. they said I had to have eye tests and have my doctor certify that I won' pass out while driving. they will seize my drivers license. I have an eye test on Monday. I am taking a lot of pills. I expect to loose my license. ItI will take hundreds of dollars to get it back if I ever recover

I have a psychiatric worker helping me with things, his assistant is driving me to things. I was on opiate pain killers in Hospital and became constipated. I was struggling on the toilet and had a big bowl movement. I struggled so hard that my hearing aid popped out of my ear and fell into the full toilet. I never had that happen before. I Was so mad I flushed the toilet.

Eventually got home. one of my social workers has arranged for health care workers to come to my house to give me sponge baths. some of the ladies would give me a soapy cloth to wash my privates but others would pull my pants & underwear down an get me washed before I even figured out what was happening. Most of the health care workers were young ladies, all were pretty, one older lady was one of my neighbours. I had painted her mobile home before she moved in. I had done some of the repairs also. They were not allowed to wash my dishes or vacuum.

I managed to get my new ABS sensor in the Forza with assistance from my neighbour, a few other neighbours replaced the rear leaking brake cylinders on my 2000 Dodge 4wd. I am not allowed to drive it. One neighbour does not have a car but is willing to take me to my doctors and to get groceries

I am still trying to get a government disability pension, lots of paperwork and doctors. still waiting, show me the money

I may never ride again. I need to test ride the Forza to reset the ABS light and t o see if the brakes work.Winter is approaching .

I have been living in fear lately, One of the many homeless camps set my nearest mountain on fire. I was given an evacuation notice. I t was a huge fire very close my living room window. I watched the helicopters drop water on the fire for weeks. My bags were packed

too much brain damaged, does any of this make sense?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

easyrider wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:38 am Hello Dave, have you ever replaced the clutch bearings in the 100k miles?
my rear wheel makes awful noises when I turn it by hand, I probably need new clutch bearings, I am having severe medical problems, see below, it will have to wait, I may never ride again.I have severe pain in my right leg. I have thought of crashing the scooter into a mountain or hitting a Kenworth at speed. I a surprised I am still alive. not good, although I think my bad cooking is really just a bad suicide attempt

The frozen Pizza is done when the smoke alarm goes off.

I have no money.

a kid in the Yukon asked if my Forza was a diesel because the clutch and belt were making so much noise, sort of sounds like a Ducati dry clutch almost.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

i passed an eye test yesterday demanded by the BC solicitor General because some doctor said I was blind,!@#$%^&* doxctor didn't speak English

I now have to convince my GP who has limited ENGLISH THAT I WILL NOY PASS OUT WHEN I DRIVE