Introduction and questions..l

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

theschuman
Year: 2022
Color: White

Introduction and questions..l

Post by theschuman »

Hi! I'm theschuman. I live in eastern Connecticut. In August, I purchased a brand new 2022 PCX150A. It’s my fourth scooter. My first scooter was a 2009 Yamaha Vino 125. My next two scooters were both Vespa GTS 300s. I am tired of being a Vespa mechanic, so I decided to get a Honda. Hopefully the PCX is more reliable than my Vespas, so I can spend more time riding and less time wrenching.

1. I am past the 300 mile “break in” period recommended in the user manual. Obviously, I have not done the 600 mile service yet. Can I start running the PCX a little more aggressively?

2. Also, does anyone have experience with running their PCX at wide-open throttle on freeways? I go on the freeway somewhat frequently, and the PCX hits 65 mph, no problem. But, I really have to run it full-throttle on the freeway to keep up. Is that OK?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Re: Introduction and questions..l

Post by Jge64 »

You don’t have to baby these engines from 0 miles, just drive normally and use the whole power band -run it high , run it low , and never at the same speed for more than five or 10 minutes. That’s the only break you have to do. And yes , you can run a wide-open on the freeway all you want.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
theschuman

Post by theschuman »

Thank you… the never run it “at the same speed for more than 5 or 10 minutes” only applies to the “break-in period”, correct? Otherwise, my freeway riding is gonna need to be pretty slow at time….
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

correct, during break in….
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
seadweller71
Color: white

Newbie from Palm City Fl.

Post by seadweller71 »

Greetings!
Joined your forum yesterday. I signed the papers on my new pearly white 2022 PCX yesterday. Soon as weather clears up hopefully Friday my new bike will be delivered. I traded a Honda 125 Trail, didn't like the heel/toe shifter, plus lack of power. The PCX will be bike 23 since I started riding 51 years ago.
The PCX should be a winner. Right size, enough power, good looks, Honda reliability, great gas milage. What more could you want!! Forgot, "Twist & Go"