Anyone got a 2022 PCX 125 ?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

newpcx
Year: 2022
Color: Red

Anyone got a 2022 PCX 125 ?

Post by newpcx »

Greetings all.
I just wanted to check with 2022 PCX 125 owners on what their performance is like? Mine only has 50 miles on the clock so still 'breaking in' but am quite disappointed with the performance thus far, seems to struggle up hills. I've seen posts from people with older models saying that theirs will maintain mid 50s mph up hills, but mine is struggling to maintain 40 mph on 'medium' hills.

As an example, here is a google maps street view : https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7917385 ... 384!8i8192

I'd set off from a standstill at those traffic lights and went up the hill where the truck is coming down. At full throttle it topped out at 40 mph :( .

Tyre pressures are ok and mpg is averaging 135 mpg on standard E10 fuel so doesn't seem to be anything amiss. I'm wondering if with the stricter emissions regs on the 2022 model mean that the engine is being "strangled" more vs the older models?

Any 2022 owners to compare?
ONEBOX
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Re: Anyone got a 2022 PCX 125 ?

Post by ONEBOX »

I see you are in the Bradford/Leeds area and the hill doesn’t look that steep.
The power of the new engine is actually more ( + 0.3 bhp ) than the pre ‘21 engine so I don’t think that’s the issue.
With only 50 miles on the clock I don’t think you can draw any conclusions, the engine is too new. Wait till you have 1000miles on the clock and try not to cane it until you have done at least 300 miles.
I’m picking up my new pcx125 1st September so will let you know what I think soon.
Rider weight will probably be the limiting factor going uphill I would imagine if all else is in order.
Good luck with your new bike !
lukepcx
Year: 2021
Color: white

Re: Anyone got a 2022 PCX 125 ?

Post by lukepcx »

I've got a '21 PCX and it's quite normal for me to top out going uphill in the mid-40's, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.