1st spark plug change after 28,000 miles

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

1st spark plug change after 28,000 miles

Post by iceman »

After 8 years and 28,000 miles, I decided to replace the spark plug. No real reason other than it's been a long time on the original and I wondered what state it was in, but the bike always started first time and I'm still getting 130+mpg.

Plug came out looking in very good condition, just the electrode worn a bit with double the gap it should have.

The new plug is the same as the original, not one of those special Iridium ones. Done me proud all these years so sticking with the same one.

Originally I was going to remove the centre stand but still can't get the somewhat rusty spring off (and don't want to break any studs, especially the one on the bike).
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: 1st spark plug change after 28,000 miles

Post by big bear »

good to hear with 2600 miles on my pcx my plug should be good for a long time
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

No oil, no mess, clean just the electrode worn down but the bike still ran so well.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Had a similar experience.......except my plug was hard to remove. Must not have installed it properly?? Carbon built up on the threads.
Figure to leave the new plug in there till it "acts up".. It may take some pb blaster and patience next time. Hoping it lasts another 30k.
Important to follow NGK's advice...........tighten it twice.. [back off first time ,then re-snug.]