2015 Front Center Cover? (below headlight)

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

2015 Front Center Cover? (below headlight)

Post by Eiron »

Hi all,

I was looking at replacement body panels and one of the pieces I need is the small center cover located under the headlight, P/N 64503-K35-V00ZD, Cover, Front Center, NHB25M. (My headlight got damaged and this piece is missing.) Looking at pictures of this piece, it looks like a very small cosmetic add-on that has no function other than to visually connect the front side panels by filling space below the headlight. Unfortunately, prices in the US for this tiny piece run between $70-$95!

Do I need this thing for anything other than cosmetics?

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 2015 Front Center Cover? (below headlight)

Post by iceman »

Disgusting pricing for something that literally costs pence to produce. Usually we get ripped off like that in the UK and US/Taiwan prices are low. Might be worth searching for 3D printed scooter parts in case someone has started this or asking anyone who is selling their bike for parts.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Here's the frustrating thing -- the same part in different colours costs less! My PCX is Poseidon Black, so that's the colour I was looking to replace. But the exact same part in Dark Ash Blue (2018, looks nearly identical to Poseidon Black) is $25, and in Candy Noble Red (2016) is only $8 !!! And these prices are all from the same supplier as the $70 black piece! :x
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

On the other pieces that are just a different color, make sure they are the same year. If they are exactly the same, you could buy one of the cheapest ones (such as the $8 one) and then remove the paint. The base on all of these parts is flat. black. You may not match the particular color of black, but if you paint it you may get close. That isn't to say that at some point you might decide to get the right color item, but right now the fuel prices are driving EVERYTHING up, so you may have to improvise for awhile.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers