Honca PCX 125 Cold start problem

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

damianmns
Year: 2019
Color: Grey

Honca PCX 125 Cold start problem

Post by damianmns »

Hey Guys,
Im having problems with my PCX 2019 model i believe...

Bought it brand new from my local Honda dealer, serviced with them etc... Bike currently got 12k miles.

Few weeks ago when cold starting bike just cuts off... idling is very "low" and if i don't accelerate it will cut off ignition. I've replaced air filter, oil and spark plug but problem still occurs...

I've decided to drop it off to my local Honda dealer (what a waste of time and money) Their conclusion was that it could be ECU (quoted me for +£500 plus VAT and labour) or Throttle body again (quoted me for +£500 plus VAT and labour) or IDLE AIR CONTROL Sensor (quoted me for +£160 plus VAT and labour) Their labour is £85/h plus VAT. They have stated that they don't know what's wrong with my bike and the only way to find out is to strip other bike and my bike and start swapping parts but they recon labour hours could go up to 4-5 and they can't guarantee that they will fix it.

I believe this is ridiculous... They recon they have plugged in computer but it does not come up with any faults. Hence the reason why you see my post. Did anyone experienced this problem before? It only happens when the Bike is COLD when it warms up its OK so every time when i start it cold I have to rev it... Also i had to turn off stop/start system as it stopped working too... Bike will stop but then it straight away tries to start (without accelerating) and it wont.. almost like its choking.

I've managed to record short clip of whats is happening (I'm deliberately not accelerating to show the problem) Battery is also ok...

Just bare in mind we have almost 20-24C now and problem still occurs.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wElv1hWyudQ
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Honca PCX 125 Cold start problem

Post by DAB »

Seems to be struggling to turn the motor. How do you know the battery is OK?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
damianmns
Year: 2019
Color: Grey

Post by damianmns »

Ive tested it..
pintail120
Year: 2014
Color: WHITE

Post by pintail120 »

did you manage to fix this issue ?
when mine starts, it has a fairly high idle then drops down and idles very eratically, how is your bike once it is idling ?