where burb plug for bleeding air 2020pcx

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

energybeans
Year: 2020
Color: Red

where burb plug for bleeding air 2020pcx

Post by energybeans »

E7AF9FAD-82B8-4FE4-A36F-AFC102BFC686.png
E7AF9FAD-82B8-4FE4-A36F-AFC102BFC686.png (105.79 KiB) Viewed 333 times

Where is the “burb plug” to bleed air after replacing the coolant?

Can you really bleed air out just from removing the radiator cap (fig 3)?

I replaced my coolant and drained the old coolant out from the bottom drain plug (fig 17), but I this is my first time ever doing any work on a vehicle period, so I just screwed everything back together after adding coolant to both the radiator and a little bit (to lower level) on reserve tank (which is under right floor mat on this 2020 model).

My manual specifically says NOT to attempt adding coolant directly to the radiator so I’m really worried about that.

I did not bleed air before topping off reserve tank.

Did I probably leave an air pocket with will prob cause air lock, overheating, and cracked head gasket/cylinder head?

I just want to bleed the air so I’m not worried. Is it too late?
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Re: where burb plug for bleeding air 2020pcx

Post by Ganglylamb »

This is what my SM states:
bleeding air coolant.png
bleeding air coolant.png (117.63 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Last time I did it this way it worked out perfect. The first ride I took, I did carry some additional coolant under the seat - just in case. I had to add a little extra as the level went down again (so not fully bleeded by the SM procedure it seems).

This reminds me of the time I went to buy the PCX (second hand) at the dealer and they probably also did a coolant change and bleed according to SM because after my test ride the coolant level was low so they had to refill it a bit.

:edit:
Above SM is for 2013-2017 PCX version but I guess its the same for 2020 ;).
energybeans

Post by energybeans »

Awesome! Thank you!!!

So, when watching Mitch’s Scooter stuff video on YouTube about this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNMirMiJls he bleeds it out from the CYLINDER DRAIN BOLT at the bottom.

I also found a service manual online for PCX 2013 that shows this Image

Which I also notice at the top of the page on the old service manual

Butt,,, I guess you don’t really need to drain all of the old stuff out??

Good to see I can (probably) bleed with the radiator cap so thank you!

But I’m still not sure where to find the cylinder drain bolt on my 2020.

I thought I found it where it was shown, but I could NOT untighten it for my life and got too scared because I also don’t have the replacement O ring

I’ll go take a picture of MY scooter today so someone can see better.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

So, when watching Mitch’s Scooter stuff video on YouTube about this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNMirMiJls he bleeds it out from the CYLINDER DRAIN BOLT at the bottom.
He drains from the drain bolt. Bleeding is done trough radiator cap to expell any air bubbles within the radiator or other areas within the coolant system. Also do not worry about the o-ring it will probably still be fine, just like the ring on the exhaust which according to the SM should be replaced each time you take off the exhaust - I have taken mine off already 5 times without replacing it and all is still fine.
energybeans

Post by energybeans »

Thanks for the clarification.

However my issue is that I can’t confirm I’ve found the actual drain bolt for the 2020 on my scooter.

I lied about being able to update with a pic last week (my camera is busted)

I really did try to remove what I thought was the drain bolt but it’s honestly a pain in the butt to access, & on top of that (maybe because it’s “torqued” probably? idrk what that exactly means or how that’s measured, however) I could not loosen the bolt that I suspected to be the drain bolt.

I don’t really have a long enough of an adapter, which is one issue. But another issue is that, on my 2020, this suspected drain bolt appears to be inaccessible.

I keep trying to reach it at an angle but either the frame or center stand is covering the bolt so I can’t latch the wrench on at a perfect 90 degree (perpendicular) angle.

I will try an upload a photo of the bottom of my 2020 asap
energybeans

Post by energybeans »

okay here’s the picture of the 2020 PCX

I tried to use the torque wrench but I could not get access to the drain bolt on my 2020 because there’s some metal bar in the way.

Is the drain bolt right there (left of what I assume is a water hose)?

If so, why can’t I get it off?

I definitely tried hard to unscrew it.