check spark plug

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

check spark plug

Post by mymitzi »

My Dad use to say........Don't do as I do, do as I say. Any of you ever heard that one? Well.......anyway......I've been negligent.......checking my plug.
Last few days, the PCX didn't fire up [instantly] as it used to. Thought maybe it's past time I checked the valves?? [way past] [looked in my record
as to when the plug was last checked/replaced. [over 30K] Scooter was running so well.........never bothered with it. Should have......because it
was loose....... but the threads had so much carbon on them, almost couldn't back the plug out. Got the cleaned up/gapped spare plug and think
I got it back in there all the way but didn't want to do further damage so stopped forcing it. Fires up instantly again so pretty sure that was the
culprit. At this point............may leave well enough alone ...........afraid more damage will result. Don't do as I did............
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: check spark plug

Post by springer1 »

Just make sure that when beginning to insert the new plug to use your fingers to get the thread started - don't use any sort of wrench until it's threaded in and seated. This avoids cross-threading.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: check spark plug

Post by you you »

Also turn the slowly plug backwards until you feel it drop into the plug threads. Then tighten.