2012 PCX Advice

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ToraxOutlaw
Year: 2012
Color: Black

2012 PCX Advice

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

Hey guys. I'm the proud owner of my lovely 2012 Honda PCX 125. I bought her from my mate who had her sat on her side in his backyard. she was recovered after being stolen a couple of months after being bought from new back in 2011/2012.

After the garage told me she'd be better off in a scrapyard, they phoned me a few days later and were gobsmacked she still runs. After a £500 overhaul to get her roadworthy again, I've been taking her out every opportunity I get.

I'm posting here for advice on in regards to a Xenon conversion kit for the headlights as well as LED bulbs for the indicators and brake lights. I've googled it and come up short. I've already found a nice digital speedo, some iridium spark plugs, better battery and a numerous amount of other upgrades as well as mods for her but the Xenon kits is drawing a blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Re: 2012 PCX Advice

Post by power-full »

Hello. Take a look at my topic mine is from 2010 but in principle it will be the same thing unless you can have a different engine (if that engine is already esp) but the base of the bike and the base of the engine it's practically the same... when the lights don't advise xenon because it will kill the battery that is already weak for this model... I advise LED's but instead of my topic.
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
ToraxOutlaw

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

Thanks bud, and yeah mine is the 2012 ESP PCX. Are LEDs brighter and better than Xenon and do you have a link for your topic?
ToraxOutlaw

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

Also for anyone interested and can offer any other advice on my project with Black Betty (the name of my PCX 125) please let me know.

My project...so far
So far I've got the speakers wired in to an on/off switch till I can get them properly wired in at the same time I get the USB charger wired in.
Bigger windscreen awaiting to be fitted
Steering lock needs repairing
Seat lock needs repairing
Fuel flap lock needs repairing
Order and fit digital dashboard
I've got to replace all the fairing, I've found a matte black kit that will fit and it looks better than the metallic black
Front panel needs replacing as it cracked, broken and the holes have been patched with duct tape
Replace all the plastic paneling, front foot rests and rear pillion foot rests
Seat bucket storage needs replacing
Replace original mirrors with F1 style mirrors
Replace stock rear suspension with better rear suspension
Replace current spark plugs with iridium plugs
Clean the carb and jets
Clean the engine through with RedEx
Replace headlights, indicators, tail light and brake light with LEDs
Order a new battery as the current one is not holding its charge
Replace transmission beraings

The future of the project once I've obtained my Full Bike Licence
Upgrade engine from 125cc to 170cc
Change stock ignition coil to high performance ignition coil
Change stock spark plug cables to high performance cables
Upgrade the crankshaft
Upgrade the jets
Install carb trumpet
Upgrade the exhaust
Upgrade to an open air filter
Upgrade the brake calipers, discs and pads
Upgrade the clutch and bell
Upgrade the drive belt
Upgrade the variator

If anyone knows if any of my upgrades aren't possible, I'll remove them from the list. Thanks.
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
ToraxOutlaw

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

I've had a nosy around for an LED Headlight Unit, I've found one which replaces all the bulbs except the main headlight. The main headlight still uses the HB5 bulbs, but I found socket replacements for the PCX to us H7 bulbs so this may be the route that I take.
comecamino
Year: 2011

Post by comecamino »

ToraxOutlaw wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:46 pm I've had a nosy around for an LED Headlight Unit, I've found one which replaces all the bulbs except the main headlight. The main headlight still uses the HB5 bulbs, but I found socket replacements for the PCX to us H7 bulbs so this may be the route that I take.
Maybe you didn't find it because those bulbs are HS5 .... HB5 doesnt exist

Anyway, after using the LED bulbs for 3 months or a little more, i went back to the halogen ones. I feel that the beam on the halogen bulb is way more precise thus, let's say lightens further away. Probably because of the combination with the reflectors inside the headlamp.

I took the decision once I went into the Autobahn and I couldnt see a thing. I was literally shitting on my pants o_O , thing that didnt happened while using the halogen ones. And to top it off, led bulbs are not "approved" to be used in this bike, so in the technical inspection i could be rejected, and if the police is not in the mood i could get fined. So..... there are no advantajes apart not having to replace them more often.
ToraxOutlaw

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

That was a typo mistake, my apologies.
Could I change the HS5 bulb sockets to anything else or just leave them as is? I found a couple of places that offer H4, H7 and H1 sockets with all the wires and connecters. I've also found better H4, H7 and H1 halogen bulbs, hence why I'm asking could I replace the sockets.
comecamino
Year: 2011

Post by comecamino »

Unfortunately you cant because the socket in the headlamp is designed to hold the hs5

ok here's the thing:

if you adjust the beam height with the bolts behind the headlamp for you to see better ahead correctly you probably will dazzle oncoming drivers (the beams ends up way too high up) . If you don't you will not be able to see anything really and its quite annoying (the beam points maybe 5 meters away from you) , maybe that's why they're not approved to be used "legally"... just beause they not work good enough in conbination with the reflector inside the headlamp

So you have these two options, either you use a chinese hs5 led that probably will last forever at the expense of the inconvenience of blind other people of just buy a bunch of halogen HS5 so you have sufficient stock at home (I bought 2 pairs for about 20€ or, 22USD)

BTW the original Stanley bulbs are expensive as hell, the pair in Honda here in Germany cost about 65€/pair.... but just buy the "michiba" ones ;) .

perhaps there are aftermarket headlamps for the JF28 but certainly they will be little bit too pricey.

Something like this idk who makes this... .but again.... Is this "legal" ?
http://beliknalpot.com/accessories/jual ... da-pcx-150
ToraxOutlaw

Post by ToraxOutlaw »

Thanks for the advice. I'm now stuck on properly wiring my speakers in to the bikes electrics.

I'm trying to wire in a relay between the ignition and the speakers so the speakers come on when I turn on the ignition. I've located the wires coming out the ignition, but I'm unsure of which one is the correct one for me to splice in to. I've got a load of those wire splicer things that cut into an existing wire to link to a new wire.

I'm really struggling on where to mount the Bluetooth amplifier and the relay.
affeno
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by affeno »

Hello I have philips ledligt LED-HL M5 on my 2013 pcx works very good I do not know for how long time they will work I have dayligt in daytime