what has happened to this site?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: what has happened to this site?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:59 am My wife's arm/shoulder has healed but gives her limited range since they had to reattach tendons, ligaments, etc. The left shoulder was really splintered, so now she has composite plates and screws in there. (She is really allergic to nickel, which most surgical metals have in them, so they had to send off for special parts for her shoulder.

As for my garage, well it seems small to me but since we only have one car it works out great for working on the bike. However, if we ever get a second car I have a shop on the other side of the door that is big enough for me to bring my bike in there to work on.
20211114_104606.jpg20211114_104617.jpg

I also have storage under my deck in the back, where I store my riding lawnmower, lawn furniture, and miscellaneous other items. I usually store the push mower under there as well but I had just changes the oil in it when I took the picture, so I had not moved it back out.
That is excellent, thanks for posting. I'd kill for that amount of space. I think you have more stock than most small hardware stores. I'll just have a god nose around if you don't mind :lol:

What is the silver ducting just below the ceiling for? Ducted heating?

I'm glad your wife is as good as she can be and things aren't ongoing. Limited range of movement isn't ideal but hopefully there is minimal pain.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: what has happened to this site?

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately the house is considered a "starter home", so the silver ducting is the heat/a.c. ducting, which usually...from my perspective...is shaped metal that is close to the ceiling so that the ceiling of the garage can be closed in. I was disappointed to see the round stuff, but it works, so I can live with it.

My shop is also storage, but I have lots of tools. One wall has peg board that is dedicated to tools. I also have several tool boxes, and at the back of the shop is a closet that contains all of my battery operated Ryobi tools, and a recharging station.

In the garage we have yard tools on peg boards, spare lumber, spare oil, riding gear, heavy winter coats, second refrigerator, and more. When we moved in, this house was bare. No shelves, no storage, basic everything. Even the lawn looked pathetic. It has been 18 months now, and this house is coming along fine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers